Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Took a big chance at the high school dance...


Core
oils on sculpted plaster
24 X 23 X 2
$300.00
Free shipping any where inside USA or free delivery PDX area.
7 day no questions asked return policy

This work came from the following quotes posted on my studio wall for the day. I was feeling blocked up and I just started laying plaster...I used to be a home/landscape designer...So I can lay some mud let me tell you....I put the raised areas on top of a smei-smooth layer with a plaster bag and thinned plaster. I loved the process on this, it had no plan, and except for using the same size flat stick for the vertical lines...it just came.... I love it when that happens.
***** for the why****
The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift. Albert Einstein

Creativity is a type of learning process where the teacher and pupil are located in the same individual. Arthur Koestler

When I am working on a problem I never think about beauty. I only think about how to solve the problem. But when I have finished, if the solution is not beautiful, I know it is wrong. BuckminsterFuller

Creativity is the sudden cessation of stupidity. Edwin Land

Conditions for creativity are to be puzzled; to concentrate; to accept conflict and tension; to be born everyday; to feel a sense of self. Erich Fromm

The moment when you first wake up in the morning is the most wonderful of the twenty-four hours. No matter how weary or dreary you may feel, you possess the certainty that, during the day that lies before you, absolutely anything may happen. And the fact that it practically always doesn't, matters not a jot. The possibility is always there.
Monica Baldwin

You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star.
Nietzsche


I'm dancing....I'm freaking dancing!
Be Bold!
Heather

No comments: