Friday, October 21, 2005

On Wings and Art


"Faith without works is like a bird without wings; though she may hop about on earth, she will never fly to heaven. But when both are joined together, then doth the soul mount up to her eternal rest." ~ Francis Beaumont (1584-1616)

I love the idea of being able to fly. When I was a child I KNEW I could fly...It was really only hovering, but I know I could do it. I think about the freedom , and simplicity of wings in general a lot. I have been doing the Journal pages with an intensity bordering on OCD...But it feels so good. I have a new style emerging right now, so it's fun to play and not really worry about the "plans" for awhile. I'm just staying up all night, working at daybreak, and running the gauntlet of ordinary life. I feel like I have wings...
So, what's new right?
I got to sit and talk on the phone with a very wonderful person last night, like you know... a grrrlfriend...I know, I know so soon? Well, thank the good lord YES! I feel like I have been gifted to the point of extravagant-ness with 4 powerful, real thinking, feeling women of late. I mean wow! Going from no friends to 4 women all at once that have had profound impacts on my recent life. I mean I'm breaking out the fear factor heath-a-nator all over the place...Incredible...This time it worked! I am beginning to get it. It's all a leap of faith....So ...I so havemuch work to do again today...But I'll be posting some more profound, deep thoughts soooooon. *artist is making spooky noises*
Now Take Me to Your leader! I want to talk to the King of the potato People! *Grin*
Heather

No comments: