Friday, October 14, 2005

MY Functional ART is the ART of the DAY!



Fun Lamp #1 is a work I did last year. I just found out that it has been chosen ESBQ's Art of the Day. WAHOO!!! Here's the link to go and check it out,

http://www.ebsqart.com/OnlineArtGallery.asp?CMD=DOSEARCH&ID=20051014&FILTER=&AFILTER=&Gallery=&GALLERYTYPE=ARTOFDAY&PAGE=&ITEM=-1&VIEWMODE=G&IID=114960&MID=1957

there are more pictures there too and a full description. These photos were taken at the first showing it went to, and in the first hour of the show I had a bidding war between two nice ladies...and it was a fixed price item. They kept coming over to me...each eyeballing the other one and asking me to sell it to her...it's the only time that has ever happened to me. It was super UN-Fun...but I told them they would have to arm wrestle for it, or somebody was going to have to give...so one bought a Remote control box (with faux Mink fur lining) and the other got the lamp...they had to have coffee together first to talk about it. ( I sold it for the marked price...I don't do that you can buy me thing). The whole show was FUNctional Sculptures and furniture, I brought one piece home from that show...and everything else sold in the three hour opening. It was the most stressful and exciting show I have ever had. I think it was because I was in a very wealthy part of town, it was the holiday's (November) and I had gone crazy on FUN art for about 8 months straight...I incited that every work had to be functional and super FUN. I then started Fairy World which consumed the better part of the next 6 months...I have not done too much functioanl sculpture, just a few boxes (key keepers, pet leash boxes...ect) and no furniture. It's suddenly made me miss them terrible, and I think it's time for a new FUN Lamp don'tcha think so? Anyway go check it out, and ESBQ is a wonderful artist collective that is a great place to find terrific artists...like ME (it's all about me,me,me).

So that's pretty cool to be chosen for the honor of art of the day, it's a much coveted prize.

I have a big day ahead of me...the boys are all out of school today...*artist is smacking herself in the forehead* and that means I have to work my day job (spiritual advisor/life coach) with my kids trying to get my attention, or worse playing on their own....OH LAWDY! help me. My boys are great kids....but they are just barely human yet...Shaved apes...jackalopes...so they will be fighting, or destroying something by noon. AAaGggghhhh!

So off I go, don't want to be late for work. I'll post more later, you know I will!

Have a great day! Heather

Write to me! Here's my quote for today:

"If you are carrying strong feelings about something that happened in your past, they may hinder your ability to live in the present."
~ Les Brown

Go to http://www.zaadz.com/quotes/ to see where I get a lot of my inspirations...Brian Johnson the modern day guru, is a terrific guy, one of my hero's really, and just a really great HUMAN...well I give his little web site a lot of the credit for three years ago pulling me from the depths of despair and moving me back onto the path. I was so lucky to have found him, and then he was kind enough (later) to befriend me as well. It's only THE best place for finding yourself again. Check it out, and join the community, it's THE most supportive place for inner growth I have ever found.

toot! TOot! yep, that's my own horn...if I don't blow it who will? Toot!

No comments: