Wednesday, October 12, 2005

OK Universe I know you are listening!




My forest is on Fire I wanted you to know.

Oils on reclaimed wood

24x20 $225.00

w/fee shipping in the usa

This has an essay that goes with it.

Upper left: Fairy World 1 Harvest Moon

18x 24 gallery wrapped ready to hang

$200.00 w/ free shipping in the usa.

So, OK I get it you are listening, thank you!!!!!

Boogie on over to the site, I update prices and lowered some of the larger pantings down a little more. I know the economy is in the crapper, but you NEED art that does not come from Wal-Mart or some other poster place. You also probably can't afford gallery prices (me neither) that's why I love selling my work myself. It allows me to put prices on paintings that most people can afford, more comfortably. This is Original art, snazzy, jazzy, soulful and saucy ART. It is real, not reproduced. So thanks to all of you that have emailed me in the last couple of hours, you made my day. Even if you don't buy something (but please do, there I said please :)) you made my day by taking the time to write to me and let me know you are out there. That's really terrific, and I wanted to thank you all. It's just been one of those weeks where if it could go wrong, it has and it tends to make a grrl grumpy and sad. your emails made me feel less alone and silly for being a self representing artist in these days and times. I wanted to self represent for many reasons, first and foremost beiong that I think art should be (if at all possible) afforable to the masses. Galleries are not on the whole promoting affordable art. I love going in and seeing the art in nice galleries, but hey...I'm an artist with three kids, two cats, a dog and a husband (who works a great job at the local big hospital...thanks honey for your support in this venture too ) to help support, I don't have three grand to drop on a artwork no matter how much I love it. So that's my story and I am sticking to it. I have been and still am quasi represented in non exclusive contracts...it's not that I can't get representation, it's that I want to do it myself, I want to know the people who buy my work...that interaction fuels my creative process. So just thanks to you all that have responded! Wow! that was impressive.

Have a great day, I am going to have a better one now. Better get over there and start shopping I have had three emails about Fairy World 1 all ready!

http://www.badkittyartstudio.com

Heather

2 comments:

Heather said...

Ok...don't know what to make of those posts...but Thanks for the update.
At least I know someone is reading out there.
Have a good one, Heather

Anonymous said...

you got spammed. i think that blogger has a security measure that you can add to your comments page. try it out and hopefully you won't get any more crap!!