Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Holy Crap! Art you Want to buy!

Fairy world 6 The Fairy Tree
18x24
$200.00
Free shipping inside USA or delivery inside PDX area
7 day no questions asked return policy.

oils and mixed media, the fairies have real feathers for wings that move in the breeze. There are also mirriors to find yourself inside the painting. Gallery wrapped no need for frame, ready to hang.

***the quote that inspired the art***
"There is no short-cut to art, one has to work hard, be open and flexible in your mind, keep the child alive inside you, and through a whole lifetime be ready to learn new things and, of course, be mentally prepared for a hard punch on your nose — especially when you think you are doing well."
~ Bente Borsum (193?-) Norwegian actress with the National Theatre, director of the National

***A little about Fairy World***
(sorry to the regulars...I am just reposting for the new people in on the loop on the fairy thing...sheeshhh! *grin*)

The Fairy World Series has been a yearlong exploration of my unique brand of Woman. Growing up, I experienced the extremes of 1970’s stereotypical behavior: both of the genders were represented clearly to my little-grrrl self. I learned to fight, to fear the adults of the world, and to loath my biggest birth defect, being born female.
I wanted to play war, and I fought regularly, boys mostly. I hated the color pink, which was spoon-fed in every petite little girl bite I took. In long hair and dresses, I went about my life trying to make sense of what it was to be a girl in this world. Seeking balance, seeking my inner truth, coming to grips with the body that was at once, object/commodity, weapon/tool, and all the time weak/powerful, and shameful/virtuous.
Learning how to play the roles with gusto, I have traveled 36 years in a body that has not always felt like my own; a rental that is a little short in the legs and itchy in all the spots that are just out of reach. Fairy World allowed me to marry the warrior, and the type, or brand, of woman that I am. I love my grrrl-ness now, a beautiful, complex and scary uniqueness that defies definitions and allows ultimate flexibility. The female form is inherently preprogrammed into us to bring forth many emotions from every human being on the planet. I am one such human, and this is what I see/feel about also being classified as Female Human.

My fairies are not average beauties; they represent the different aspects of my new breed of human being, a complex being that at this time, resides in my gray matter, and now these colorful canvases too. We are all creator and destroyer, we all also have a terminal illness; it’s called birth. I am proud to be this complicated being commonly known as Woman, privately known as the tiny, infinite universe. This life is full of potential, pain and change. Choice is like mathematical equations; never ending numbers spiraling into the void, life is choice; choose wisely and often. Welcome to my world.
Fairy World
***A little on the painting itself***

“Fairy Tree” is homage to my three sons, who will be lights dancing in the trees of my heart, forever. Fairy Tree is about celebrating the life eternal our children give to us when they are born. They are gifts, each one. Our worlds go on, and I am grateful for their weight on my shoulders.

Where is your tree of gratitude growing?

Fairy World Prints are now available***
Fairy World Prints are all limited edition (in it’s debut, there will only be 100 limited edition prints made of each of the 13 fairy worlds), professionally photographed images of my original mixed media/oil painting series. They are fine Art Prints. Printed on the highest quality photo papers and with archival inks. Prints come unframed and unmated, so those options are left up to you and your décor.
Each print comes with a certificate of authenticity and a short story about the creation process. They are also signed and numbered.
Shipping is done daily, usually early in the day, so most prints are shipped within 24/48 hours of sales confirmation.

Gift Wrap and handmade one-of-a-kind gift card (with a personalized message) Add: $10.00

All items will ship within 24 to 48 hours of order received, except during national holidays.

That's
http://www.badkittyartstudio.com
ok? Good...Be Bold!

No comments: