Wednesday, January 09, 2008

What have you been doing BAD! Kitty?

Well, I've been a little busy,
here's what's on the easel today...
it will need to dry before shipping.
If this picture isn't showing well on your monitor email me and I'll try for a better one. The background is a little lost in this picture (because I suck at taking pictures, my work rocks), it's really a fun bright work.
'You Gotta...' From the Choir Series #3
(#1 & 2 sold already)
18" x 24"
oils
$120.00
**shipping to anywhere inside USA free.**
International/outside US shipping quotes free, just email me here.
Here's the quote:
"Dreaming permits each of and every one of us to
be quietly and safely insane every night of our lives. "
William Dement
***
I have been able to be in studio every single day so far this year.
Great news, right? :)
The work is drying so slowly but I am just hanging them all over the house so I can move on. (and then yelling at people, "be careful that one's wet!")
I have a big box of blank canvas, and I am not afraid to use it.
I have this idea...
I'll post auctions weekly, and also post a work of the day here on the blog for a super duper price. One day only. What do you think?
I have done this in the past, and it was really successful, but I have taken to being a little more personal in my blog and don't want everyone to think I am sell, sell, selling all the time.
(I am in reality doing just that, uuummm hence the name BAD! Kitty)
I think I'll give it a go, which will mean that sometimes it'll be just the art of the day or the newest art off the easel and not so much of my witty charms.
(Santa forgot the modesty I asked for this year...again.;)
I have another blog that I could be using
for the more personal side of my life.
A heads up then dear readers...
I will be posting an artwork a day,
and weekly art auctions until further notice.
Seriously, I am having a space crisis...I can't stop painting, (crazy in the membrane) and if some of this work doesn't get out of my studio [my way] soon, I'm gonna scream. I don't want to under-value my business so I'm not going to have "sales". I work hard on each of these works...come on!
I will instead have art auctions, where opening bids are kept low and with no reserves, that's a BAD! Kitty fire sale...and because I am churning out new work steady, I will post the newest art and finished artworks everyday.
I am so smart.
This is the BAD! Kitty marketing plan for 2008.
If you would like to team up with me in this
we can link up and spread the "I sold some work!" love.
We could even just give it a trial run to see what happens...that's what I am going to do, if you wanna just watch and see what happens first, that's cool too. Whatever...
Lemme know.
Have a great day everyone,
Heather
Feel free to feed the artist, she's friendly.
Buy art, it's smart!

4 comments:

andrea said...

I'm trying to avoid thinking baout marketing right now so I avoided that part -- but I love the painting.

Heather said...

I understand the not wanting to think about it part Andrea, I don't want to either. So, I thought maybe if I started something a little smaller in scale and easy to keep up with, I might be able to clear some space for 2008.
Thanks for the kind words about the painting, I hope you are doing better.

jafabrit said...

Hey, go for the gold and space, and best of luck with the marketing plan.

San said...

Heather, I know you know that I really admire this choir series, the way it feels archetypal and playful at the same time.

And I believe this painting is my favorite so far!!