Friday, January 25, 2008

Daily Art- two for one-New Series



Full painting 'Dizzy'


Dizzy close up

'Dizzy' #1 From the Perceptions Series *new series*
18" x 24"
oils
$95.00
Finished sides, back stapled, ready to hang

Free shipping Inside USA.

International and outside the USA Email me HERE for a free shipping quote.

Email me HERE for purchase.

***
This is the quote that inspired the work:

"Childhood is a strange country.

It’s a place you come from or go to – at least in your mind.

For me it has an endless, spellbound something in it that feels remote.

It’s like a little sealed-vault country of cake breath and grass stains

where what you do instead of work is spin until you’re dizzy.”
~unknown
Source: The Way I See It #282 (Starbuck’s Cup)

***

'It will always be Summer' full painting


Close up
'It will always be summer' #2 from the Perceptions series *new series*
18" x 24"
oils
$95.00

Finished sides, back stapled, ready to hang
Free shipping Inside the USA.
International and outside the USA buyers please contact me HERE for a free shipping quote.
Please email me HERE for purchase.
***
Here is the quote that inspired the work:
Say not, “I have found the truth,”
but rather, ”I have found a truth.”
Say not, ” I have found the path of the soul.”
Say rather, ” I have met the soul walking upon my path.”
For the soul walks upon all paths.
The soul unfolds itself, like a lotus of countless petals.

Khalil Gibran
***
Good Friday to you all.
These are my two newest works and the beginning of my newest series.

I've discovered that exploring what I find fun to do/paint is so much freaking fun. It's probably illegal to have this much fun while you work, some where.

Don't tell anyone, it'll be our secret.
The First one, 'Dizzy' is just me having fun with my two favorite colors and looking for light in the form of tone on tone. This is how I start many a work with just fun flowing colors, the difference being that I wanted to go some where else with this first work. I had big plans for the layers of image I was going to lay on top. Funny thing happened, I was looking high and low around my mess of an over crowded studio, and I could not find my little bag of leaves. I looked everywhere!
Literally until I felt dizzy.

So I was steamed, and on the knives edge of fit throwing when I dropped my brush and it hit the canvas, unexpectedly.

I was instantly taken out of my state of mind, my current perception of the moment, and transfixed by the accident.
I got the message pretty clear.

Bloom where you are planted.
Do with what is at hand, it is enough.
Make it work, block head.
Ta-Da!
Enlightenment.
And a new series was born.

Simple, and left up to the viewers perception and current state of reality.

*Mile wide grins*

The second one was playing around with a different set of colors and values and also the last two clean brushes in my (enormous) stack of (now all dirty) brushes. Big stiff round tipped things...scrubbers is what I call em.

I used the exact same technique, but with a different tool and palette and Bida-Bang-Bida-Boom... A new perception, a new level, a new layer.

(Ogres are like onions, and Hell no, I don't like parfait!)
I really am having a bunch of fun.

I wonder what this will turn into?
Where will the next layer be?
Will there be images at all?
Who knows!
Wheeee.
The Thrid one is on the easel now...
so, I gues,
We shall see...
Have a great weekend everyone.
I may not be back til Monday, we have a few things to take care of, and I have a new show to put together for an opening that's happening soon.
Stay warm,
Heather
Just do it, buy some art today.

6 comments:

Kris Cahill said...

Heather, these are just gorgeous! Hooray for those happy accidents, huh? I love the story of how the brush "accidentally" hit the canvas. I've had similar experiences, and also love that aha-ness of it all.These paintings just rock, from the colors, to the light and energy.

Heather said...

Thank you Kris! I appreciate the feedback. :) I do love those happy accidents.

Heartaday said...

I love these! They're like aromatherapy for the eyes.

PennyBlue said...

Heartaday said it best. These are great! It looks like you had fun, and what flow! Love "It will always be summer". Great title, great colors. I can't wait to see what's next!

Heather said...

Heart A Day, Thank you for that...what a cool way to see them!

Blue: Thanks grrrrlfriend!

San said...

I love the energy, light, and warmth of all of these. But that Fairy Tree, it's pure enchantment.

Wishing you much mis-hap-piness.