Friday, January 11, 2008

Art of the Day- Bubble Trouble-now at auction

Bubble Trouble

oils

12" x 24"

Painting wraps around edges, ready to hang.

Now at art auction

Here's the link.

Click on images to enlarge
***
Close Up



Here's the quote that was my inspiration:

"A smile starts on the lips,

a grin spreads to the eyes,

a chuckle comes from the belly;
but a good laugh bursts forth
from the soul,
overflows,
and bubbles all around."

~Carolyn Birmingham

***
The background on this work is a deep plum, burgundy.

All in all there are almost 20 colors (tones) in the reflective bubbles. This work was one of my very first all abstract works, I had a lot of fun creating it. I had no idea what I was doing so I kept laughing to myself the whole time I was working thinking, "this is going to turn into a mess!" and it didn't. Bubbles are surprisingly architectural and gave the work a good solid feel...while remaining soft and bubbly. Fun, right?

Because of it's size 12" x 24", it will fit in those tight spaces, like in my studio; we have a short little piece of wall between the window and the front door, it fits perfect right there. Energy wise (human energy, it won't save you any money on your light bill, sorry) it's been great having it by the studio door, because it always makes people smile when they see it...who, I ask, doesn't like bubbles?

Crazy people, that's who...but I've known many a crazy person and they have all liked these bubbles, so I think this work is safe, even for the crazy people.

This work has a hanging wire to hang it vertically, but it will also look and work just fine being turned any which way as the bubbles are random and joining the picture and leaving the picture at every angle. So, truly it's up to you in the way you display this work.

This work has never been offered for sale before.

It has gone to the Art Auction Folks, see it there.

Links above and in the side bar to the auction site...good luck!

***

I hope you enjoy your day,
thanks for being here.

Heather

3 comments:

San said...

Heather, I'd never thought of bubbles as architectural. You're right. They are indeed.

The "neverendingness" of this reminds me of Joy itself playing an eternal game of Hide and Seek.

Thanks for the wonderful, inspirational quote too.

Heather said...

Smack down with love for San! Thanks!

Anonymous said...

"I Like Your Style its give me inspiration"