Saturday, January 05, 2008

And I must borrow every changing shape To find expression.~ Elliot







Hope is a thing


oils


24" x 36"




"Hope is the thing with feathers That perches in the soul, And sings the tune without the words, And never stops at all. "
Emily Dickinson (1830 - 1886)
You just have to trust me, this one is really fantastic to look at in person. I just can not seem to get a good picture of it.
I love the rich, Richy ness of it.
Here it is hanging on the drying wall in the studio.

***

New Work in process:





'evolution as a familiar'
36" x 24"
oils
work is in process, with things being so cold and damp here drying is an issue. The next stage for her...includes a juicy, tasty treat. Yes indeed, ummm, hmmm. I am loving the background, which sorry, you can't see...she's just electric.
well...back to work for me...I must move on. This one needs to dry and the the next one is on tap. Here is the quote for this one:

My task is really not to change myself but to become familiar with who I am.
Maureen Cook
***
Have a happy day,
Heather

3 comments:

Cynthia said...

Love "Hope is a thing" - Heather, nice work. I can only imagine how good it must look in person since it looks really awesome online. Plus the quote is perfect.

Heather said...

Thanks Cynthia! I am really happy with it too. Seems my new palette is starting to gel with my new direction...:)

jafabrit said...

I like the title and the quote with the "Hope is a thing". It is frustrating not to be able to get a photo that will do a work justice. Still it is look really nice on here :)