Thursday, January 17, 2008

Art For the Day- Ego Death




'Ego Death'


18" x 24"


oils


sides painted black no frame needed
$90.00


Email me HERE for purchase.

**Shipping inside the USA FREE.**


International/outside the US buyers please email

me HERE for a free shipping quote before you buy.

***


As I search for meaning in my humble life I have fallen into several pits that threaten to trap me in a tar like form of living.


The biggest Beast by far is my own Ego.


Meditation on the subject of how to have


Less Suffering and Torment


in my everyday living has led me to come to understand the important role that Ego plays in the discomfort of living at 100%.


If I am truly giving 100+% to my life and work, then I must learn to push aside the Ego.


Creating room inside my soul for the beauty of success and failure.


I must create a space where judgement and fear do not live. I must make room for my true self; make room for the lightness of being.


That is what this work is about.


Making room for the beauty of living a whole life with a whole heart.


This is a work of manifestation; of the life I am leading and the life I am leaving behind.


Here is the quote that inspired the work,


***


"If you want to reach a state of bliss, then go beyond your ego and the internal dialogue. Make a decision to relinquish the need to control, the need to be approved, and the need to judge. Those are the three things the ego is doing all the time. It's very important to be aware of them every time they come up."


~Deepak Chopra


***


This work is done in five colors: Ivory black, french ultramarine, titanium white, Payne's gray and brilliant turquoise. I look forward to releasing this emotion and lesson into the world.


Live Bold and Free today,


Heather




3 comments:

jafabrit said...

This is eye popping and wonderful and I so agree with the chopra quote.

Cynthia said...

I like the Deepak quote too! I love the contrast of colors, it really make the painting pop off my screen.

What can I say about ego? I think my lost keys are a sign from somewhere telling me to live purposely.

Heather said...

Thanks to both of you guys. you know this is one I felt really weird about posting...maybe not my best work...the nose is off....too weird...then I slapped myself and posted the damned painting because that was my Ego speaking up. Release I say...release!