Tuesday, January 22, 2008

The daily dose - New Art - We Three

We Three from the Choir Series #7
24" x 18"
oils
back stapled, ready to hang, finished sides
Close Up
***
'We Three' from the Choir Series #7
24" x 18"
oils
$120.00
Free Shipping INSIDE USA.
Email me HERE for purchase.
International buyers/Outside the US Please Email me HERE for a free shipping quote.
***
Here is the quote that helped the work along:
Look, it cannot be seen --
it is beyond form.
Listen, it cannot be heard
-- it is beyond sound.
Grasp, it cannot be held --
it is intangible.
These three are indefinable;
Therefore they are joined in one.
From above it is not bright;
From below it is not dark;
An unbroken thread beyond description.
It returns to nothingness.
The form of the formless,
The image of the imageless,
It is called indefinable and beyond imagination.
Stand before it and there is no beginning.
Follow it and there is no end.
Stay with the ancient Tao,
Move with the present.
Knowing the ancient beginning
is the essence of Tao.
Lao Tzu (c.604 - 531 B.C.)
***
I have never, ever done a painting with the color pink. This is my very first pink painting. How exciting is that?
I don't like the color pink, I mean I won't wear it and I don't want everything to be colored pink, just because I am a girl.
I am a GRRRRRL.
We don't do pink.
Now that I can do landscapes (slayed that dragon), I thought to myself...what else have you Not done yet? Using the color pink is one of those things...and by that I mean using pink as the predominant color.
This is a bright, fun, flirty pink...this I like.
We three is about my mind, body, spirit connection and how that connection effects my work.
The real truth is I don't ever really have a "set in stone" plan for my work...I just pick some colors, have a vague idea of what I want and then go to it.
I don't spend a lot of time thinking it all through, that way when there is trouble...I'm not upset by it, it's just another challenge. Get on with it.
Sometimes it doesn't work out well.
That's life baby.
Sometimes I am left with a feeling of relief when a work is complete, like Whew! am I glad that's out of my head. And still other times, like with this work...I just let go and see what happens and I am just simply pleased at the end. A hard days work done well. I feel lighter, I feel
"in the pink".
*wicked grins*
I hope you all are having a fine day.
Heather
Support Living artists
buy some art today.

7 comments:

Robin Lassiter Art said...

Wow, do you produce a new painting every day?? Yikes, I'd have to quit my date job! I like the new work!

dinahmow said...

So you tackled your pink. Good for you. (I prefer the subtle blue-pinks in your Bubble Trouble, but maybe they just make me remember hydrangeas!)

Heather said...

Robin: Hey! No, I don't crank out a painting a day, I wish! I do about three finished works a week right now...I do post a painting each day, new ones get marked new otherwise they are from the studio inventory. I have a day job too. I just work from home with my day job and can paint while I do it, most times.:)

Dina: Yeah, I'm not a big pink fan....but it felt good to do one my own way. I am all about the challenge right now. I like those blue-pinks myself...and I love Hydrangeas!!!
It's really nice to see you round these parts again!
Ya'll come back now, Ya hear?!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful work, I love your style!

Heather said...

Thanks Chris. I appreciate it...style, it's what's for dinner.
:)
Heather

Cynthia said...

Pink is good - I especially like pink and orange together! Muy Caliente.

PennyBlue said...

Me thinks Pink suits you! I LOVE THIS> I stared at it for quite some time. It's mysterious, butcalming, thought provoking, and simply WONDERFUL! Anyhoo, I have an award for you at my blog, so stop on by! Loved hearing about you "process" or lack there of. Just do it, and let it go. Sometimes good, sometimes bad. How liberating!