Wednesday, January 02, 2008

The excellent is new forever. ~Emerson

Happy New Year!
It's 2008 already? Some one must of slipped me a mickey because it was just 2007 a minute ago.
Why is time speeding up as I gain years? So. Not. Fair. Of time...
*Grins*
Now to start the new year...the quotes please:
***
The difficulty lies, not in the new ideas, but in escaping the old ones, which ramify, for those brought up as most of us have been, into every corner of our minds.
John Maynard (1883 - 1946)

***
When I start talking about making choices some one come on over here and slap me around a bit will ya? Remind me that I get what I ask for when it's done right, and that I should not be surprised when it happens, then pick me up off the floor...please, it's freaking cold down here. *grins*
Let me back up a little,
I have a tale to tell.
In my world it works a little like this:
I say "Universe...umm it's me and well I was thinking about what happy looks like to me again and well...er, um I have come to a conclusion or two."
***
Thought is only a flash between two long nights, but this flash is everything.
Jules Henri Poincare (1854 - 1912)
Source: J. R. Newman (ed.) The World of Mathematics, New York: Simon and Schuster
***
The Universe quietly, says nothing....and I go on with:
I just want to return to the path that I was on when I lived on the land that most of my food and livelihood came from. I would just like an opportunity to become available to us for that to happen. OK, that's it thanks for listening."
***
I cannot judge my work while I am doing it.
I have to do as painters do, stand back and view it from a distance,
but not too great a distance.
How great?
Guess.
Blaise Pascal (1623 - 1662
***
Then...I go on with life, you know? That's the faith part.
Then...Mate Man sees an ad for a mini-farm. Not in a place we would have been looking for one. Calls me up and says go here...read this.
I do. No, it's not a recycled home, but it is a working organic farm! Yippeee!
All the grid and Eco building projects and dreams are not dead...Oh no! It's just that I asked for an opportunity...not for exactly what I want, because I can always make for myself the exact parts I just need the chance to do so. In fact that's what the Gods put me here for...hard work and to be smart enough to go after what I want. Oh, yeah and stay out of my own way while I do it....that too.
***
The ninety and nine are with dreams,
content but the hope of the world made new,
is the hundredth man who is grimly bent
on making those dreams come true.
Edgar Allan Poe (1809 - 1849)
***
So we are making plans to go out and see it next week. I am just excited to get out into farmland and less city, new sights, new everything! First times for anything...are very cool.
I am not putting any pressure on it all working out and being perfect, (the secret nor the answer) I am just letting myself dream a little dream, enjoy the excitement that we are going to see a place where whole hearted humans have put heart, hand and head to the earth and grown a life. How very darn cool is that? The energy will be inspiring I am sure.
***
Earth Is Enough.
We men of Earth have here the stuff Of Paradise - we have enough!
We need no other stones to build
The Temple of the Unfulfilled - No other ivory for the doors - No other marble for the floors - No other cedar for the beam
And dome of man's immortal dream.
Here on the paths of every-day -
Here on the common human way
Is all the stuff the gods would take
To build a Heaven, to mold and make New Edens.
Ours is the stuff sublime
To build Eternity in time!
Edwin Markham (1852 - 1940)
***
I hope everyone is enjoying the new beginnings of the season.
I finished the big Commission work on New Years day!
I got to start the year putting 08 on a huge work, that I feel real proud of.
It's all been very cool indeed.
I also started some new art auctions, 5 in all. All with no reserves and reasonable opening bids. Two of them are from the Fairy world Series, that's a first!
I have made it my way of dealing with the art overflow that is in my studio...I am going to run auctions and that is my big marketing plan of 08 so far. Work my tail off and run auctions. And maybe if the Gods are smiling on me...get to live on a wonderful farm someday. You must dream for them to come true!
Here's a link to the auctions:
Love to all, stay warm!
Heather

5 comments:

dinahmow said...

SOunds worth looking at. I hope you do get what you want.If not this time...somewhere down the track.
Good things to you in 2008.

San said...

It's always a pleasure, Heather, to read your blog. Most of the quotes you post are new to me, and I enjoy their depth and richness.

I am a well-wisher to your endeavors and I appreciate the support you give me. May your auctions in 2008 clear out the spaces to make room for fresh creations. May the cash and the art flow, and may that dream of living on a farm become more palpable each day...

Sandra Evertson said...

Fabulous work!
Happy New Year to you and yours!
Sandra Evertson

PennyBlue said...

Cheers to your dreams and to God's smiles and may they be plentiful and all come true in 2008!

jafabrit said...

All the best for the new year.
love corrine