Wednesday, January 30, 2008

The daily Art- I am free



'I am Free'
Heavy Body Acrylics
A Finger painting done by me in 2007
18" x 24"
(sold)

Quote for the day:

***

I've noticed that a lot of people consider 'finding yourself' to be a really frivolous and unproductive study. I'm not sure why. Everything important in life really seems to get down-played so children can be encouraged to join the rat race and make as much money as possible, instead of being told that they should be happy first.

~Sanjay Singh
***
Happy day everyone.
I have a busy day ahead...tons of coaching clients booked...and a new work on the easel. My two boys...I swear, I don't know if it's just that they are so close in age or if it's just that stage in their lives, but they can not go more than ten minutes at any given time without fighting about something...or in their case...nothing at all.
O.M.G!
I want to knock their heads together most of the time these days.
Boys!
I shaved the dog this weekend...I don't have the money for a groomer for Mr. Wiggles...so I thought... what the heck... I could do it.
Two hours and 17 pounds of hair...later...
my dog is now so embarrassed he won't go for his walks and keeps looking at himself in the mirror asking us if his ass really looks that big, and is this what having mange looks like?
What a baby.
In three weeks that haircut will be perfect.
The cat won't stop laughing at him.
Well, it's that wonderful time in the morning when we wake the shaved apes (my boys) and strong arm them into clothes that are clean, feed them, pack their lunches and keep them from beating each other up till I can send them to school...
I am off to face the day.
I do have new art to share, and will do that tomorow. It's just been one of those weeks when I a feel like I am running up a going down escalator.
Aiiiee!
Grace and Grit.
Raw and Radiant.
Have a good one all,
Heather

3 comments:

Cynthia said...

Poor puppy!! I had shaved my cat one time and I'm pretty sure he never forgave me. Even the dog had pity on him.

Sometimes it's hard not to want to re-join the rat race. It seems like everything costs money these days.

PS, there's a bun in the oven, or maybe I should rephrase that - there's a cake platter in the oven. Fingers crossed, it won't warp. But, it did bisque fire beautifully!

PennyBlue said...

I absolutely ADORE this painting!! As for the boys, this too shall pass. My son and dughter are 13 months apart and used to bicker constantly....it has settled down tho, Thank God! With only the occasional, shreiking from my daughter about what an A**hole he is. Beleive me she has some set of lungs! Hmmm...shaving the dog eh? Wanna come do mine?

Sweet and Salty said...

Hi there, my friend. Love LOVE the painting. Just the idea, being free.

I'm glad I finally got a chance to visit you because your posts, as always, make one think and feel, reminisce, etc...

My boys are four years apart and I have to keep them APART for all their bickering. Good luck!