Thursday, January 24, 2008

The daily painting- Memories

Click on Image to enlarge
***
'Memories'
18" X 24"
Oils and mixed media
Finished sides, ready to hang
$125.00
(special blog price)
Shipping Free Inside the USA.
International and Outside the USA buyers please email me HERE for a free shipping quote.
Email me HERE for Purchase.
***
This work has real leaves and the imprints of those leaves,
it makes it hard to tell what is real and what is an impression...
This work has tiny round mirrors to catch your image in,
shadows of fast moving water in the winter,
puddles played in on cloudy spring days and
the golden bronze colored memories of youth. (and of summertime, when it's hot!)
***
Here is the quote that inspired the work:
My house says to me, "do not leave me, for here dwells your past." And the road says to me, "Come and follow me, for I am your future." And I say to both my house and the road, "I have no past, nor have I a future. If I stay here, there is a going in my staying; and if I go there is a staying in my going. Only love and death change all things."
~Kahlil Gibran
***
Have a great day!
Heather
Support Living Artists
Buy some Art Today

10 comments:

PennyBlue said...

WOW!!!! This is ABSOLUTLY SENSATIONAL!! You are very talented my friend!

Heather said...

Thanks Blue...I mentioned this one yesterday, said I hated it...but after getting up this morning and it was dry and ready for some detail work...I really ended up liking it...so I guess it's better if I don't look at them while they dry...*Grins*

Anonymous said...

O...M...G...faints.

That is unbelievable. OMG.

You have NO idea how much that is me. That would look so awesome in my dining room...you said you do layaway right? How does that work?!

Bah.

Heather, you freaking rule!!!

Heather said...

Amber, you are so kind! I love it...your post made me laugh...it was the OMG...faints...that so rocks! I really appreciate you more than words can say...

Yes I do layaway...do you really want to make it yours? Contact me via email...and it can be yours!

Love to you,
Heather

jafabrit said...

Did you use resin on it? Love what inspired it and really this is quite beautiful, well stunning really. Are you putting the quote on the back of the painting?

Heather said...

Hey Cor! Nope no resin, but that would be a good idea. It has tons of poly on it though, so it has that affect, sorta. I put the quote on the back of every painting and I include a paper copy of it when I ship. The day I took the photo of this work was so lucky, because in different lighting it looks different, so I have it on a sunny wall (hence the tons of UVB poly) so I can watch it change through the day. :)

Anonymous said...

Wow. This is stunning!

andrea said...

This is the best thing I've seen on your blog. Just wish I had a few bucks lying around rather than a clothes dryer that just gave up the ghost! :)

Heather said...

Golly Andrea, thanks!

Cynthia said...

Beautiful, Heather - and one of my favorites too!

Plus, I always enjoy your quotes.