Tuesday, February 28, 2006

BAD! Kitty Art Studio ~ Portland Oregon ~ Artist Blog


BAD! Kitty Art Studio &
Sybil Ann Tells All
Quote for the day
***
For many of us we are always wanting more -
we would be happier if we had such and such.
Maybe we should pause for a moment and hear what
some people in the third world countries
would like to make them happier.
1. Having enough to eat so when you go to sleep at night your stomach doesn't ache.
2. Having shoes on your feet and any kind of clothing to keep the cold out.
3. Having a roof over your head.
4. Having the hope that you'll be lucky enough to get some kind of an education.
5. Believing that the dream of freedom, brotherhood, and peace for all mankind will someday come true.
Abigail Van Buren
***
I woke up this morning, and I was thinking about
my own blessings/burdens.
When I read the above quote this morning I was struck by how these simple truths are not just
applicable to third world countries today.
We have Americans that would like to have these same things, enough to live a life
that isn't a burden.
That's why I choose to operate my business the way that I do.
My blessings, being clairvoyant, an artist and fully engaged
in my life and in those of which I touch.
I count my blessings today.
I have a roof,
I have a family that all have shoes,
I have a family that loves me,
I have true friends, like I have never had before in my life,
I have the belief in myself that I will succeed,
I have faith,
I have trust,
I have food (well some anyway)
I have so many blessings that I feel
lucky today,
maybe today will be
the day that changes are made that
will improve the reality
that I live in.
Maybe today I will sell some art, maybe today I will find a new client to work with, maybe today my children will have a
peaceful productive day at school and home, maybe today my day won't feel like I am just getting through another one.
I am a wealthy soul, and I open my arms to you, and offer my love and blessings to all who wish to share in them.
***
I was asked yesterday by someone who was interested in buying art, "why would you sell these so cheaply? They should be selling for much more." BTW she didn't buy anything.
I told her that I have sold my work for thousands of dollars, I am listed as one of the top 500 artists in America...But my
inner truth is I don't want to work that way.
I want my work to move (move on) to people who need/want it...I don't use my talents for the purpose of GREED.
I give readings for $1.00 a minute and I give away readings all the time for free...Why?
Because I can, and I am driven to be the change
that I want to see in this world.
I trust that someday people will look at this
experiment in business not as a joke, or a scam of some sort, or
that I am not "good" enough to ask for more money.
They will understand that I ask for only that which I need, not what the world says I should be doing, and how everyone else does it...
authentic people rarely feel the need to bend to the will of the
social norms. And Besides...screw Normal Business as usual...it dosen't work for me, never has.
I am doing what I want to do, because it make me happy, makes me powerful, makes me feel
FREE.
So judge me, laugh, poke fun, shake your head in wonder...
think I'm full of it. I don't care anymore...
It won't matter to me, because I believe in me...
I don't need you to believe in me too.
I will survive, and I will prosper, and I will
be proud of the way that I created my material wealth...
by never taking more than I needed ....
and always giving more than what I was asked for.
Today I will be gathering up warm clothes, old good shoes and boots, a few fancy ball gowns I have saved *for younger/high school grrrls that need them for dances and such* (from back when I was a dancer) and be donating them to people who need them...Because I am so very rich even in my own state of poverty.
***
Have a wonderful day everyone, think not outside the box today, this FAT Tuesday...But just for today...think from inside the Human...What can you do today for someone that you love, or a stranger? What can you do for yourself to prove to you, you really do love yourself?
Think about it....Then take action.
Much love to all,
Heather/Sybil Ann

No comments: