Wednesday, February 08, 2006

BAD! Kitty Art Studio ~ Portland Oregon ~ Artist Blog ~Quote for the day


BAD! Kitty Art Studio
Quote for the day
***
If you wish to glimpse inside a human soul and get to know a man, don't bother analyzing his ways of being silent, of talking, of weeping, or seeing how much he is moved by noble ideas; you'll get better results if you just watch him laugh. If he laughs well, he's a good man.

Fyodor Dostoevsky
***
Yesterday was another really good day. I wish I could bottle days like that, and open them up on the days that are not so wonderful...but this week has been great....this is a couple of the reasons why >>>>
All of my clients that recently bought paintings, and then all of them for weird reason, (they were all going to different states) got them yesterday, so I got several phone calls from very happy people, and that made my day, like no other single thing can do. This is what Miss S had to say about her opening her 1st BAD! Kitty Art Original Painting~ Fairy World #9 "I should have taken a left"
(to view the painting see here & click on the Fairy World Tab)
This what she had to say:
" I don't pretend to know a lot about art. I do know that every once in a very rare while, I see a piece of art that speaks to my soul. During those rare moments, my very being expands because of that work and I am somehow incomplete without it.
Heather's "I should have taken a left" is one of those pieces. Not only did it touch my soul for a number of personal reasons
(that probably wouldn't interest anyone but my closest friends),
it is a striking piece.
The colors and textures and overall imagery are amazing in and of themselves, but together they reveal a truth that words never could. I am certain that this piece of art will be a centerpiece of conversation with anyone who comes into my home.
My art friends will comment on the impressive style and technique and other admirable aspects of the work.
But, no matter how impressive the work may be for
purely technical art reasons,
I now couldn't live without it because it touched my soul.
I sincerely hope that each and every one of you out there finds a piece of original art that speaks so strongly to you... But, please remember, you cannot see the needle in any haystack if your eyes are closed
-- TAKE THE TIME TO LOOK AT ART!
It is such a rare thing to find a physical reflection of one's very inner being; one that so effectively serves as a reminder of where one is in the present, where one has been in the past, where one is going and more importantly...really wants to be in their own life...
a work that the self is enveloped in; a serentity of knowing a oneness with all that is, all that has ever been and is ever going to be.
Heather's art shows these universal truths in a myriad of ways that speaks to each person in a uniquely personal manner.
To really understand this, one must take the time to look for the message that is unique for just that viewer.
Heather paints with Soul, no false advertising there.
The pictures on the web site do NO Justice to the Original Works themselves in person...Opening the VERY well packed box, I was struck speechless and overwhelmed by the emotion it provoked within me.
Simply put..I am so very happy with my new artwork,
Thank you Heather."
~S.Dunn from Austin Texas
***
That's my post for the day... I am finishing the commissioned work that I have been working on for more than a month now ...today!!!! So I must get to work, because I am so excited to see it complete! I have sculpted several elements of the work to be included into the oil painting itself, as well as the pixie art doll (3D) that will be living in this new world I have created....I'm loving it!
Thank you so much to my loving Patrons for your kind words, taking the time to call and write yesterday, you didn't have to, and I appreciate your time and energy so much...and Thanks for making my reason for being the artist I am ALIVE and KICKING...VALID!
Love to all!
Heather
PS...Want some joy in your life... like Miss S. Dunn found (re-read the love note above silly)?
Fairy World still has a few good fairies looking for homes that they can transform with their magic...Why not go look?
I offer art layaway too...and my work is so reasonably priced, because I only ask for what I need...I am operating my business(s) with full intent, passion, and honest authentic LOVE...So what's stopping you?

No comments: