Thursday, February 02, 2006

BAD! Kitty Art Studio ~ Portland Oregon ~ Artist Blog


BAD! Kitty Art Studio
Quote for the day
***
A story is told that Whistler once painted a tiny picture of a spray of roses. The artistry involved in the picture was magnificent. Never before, it seemed, had the art of man been able to execute quite so deftly a reproduction of the art of nature. The picture was the envy of the artists who saw it, the despair of the collectors who yearned to buy it. But Whistler refused steadfastly to sell it. "For," he said, "whenever I feel that my hand has lost its cunning, whenever I doubt my ability, I look at the little picture of the spray of roses, and say to myself, 'Whistler, you painted that. Your hand drew it. Your imagination conceived the colors. Your skill put the roses on the canvas.' Then, said he, "I know that what I have done, I can do again"
Sterling W. Sill
***
There are several paintings and works that I still have in my private collection...Many I keep because they are just too personal to be shown, too demonstrably revealing for my comfort levels...Some I have held onto, because they are just really damn good. My best work, what I think is mt best work that is...is the not work that has won awards (all of those I sell), and not the works that have many, many offers from buyers and patrons that come to the studio for purchase, when I am ready for them to go...I sell those too, when the right buyer presents themselves and I can see or feel their connection to the work...I have a habit of selling those works for below my asking price, or offering Layaway, or taking the asking price if they can pay it...but being open to the sale...that's what matters... Because the joy it brings me to be able to connect with another Human spirit/soul in that supremely magical way, that is unique to the work and that Human Being in the moment discovering
themselves through it.
The Artwork that will never be sold, or for that matter seen, unless you come to my private home, are the works that reveal everything, exposing, transparent, painful, enlightening...Those I keep to remind myself that it's not for the world that I paint, and create well.
It's for me.
It's a way to love myself, to show my faith in myself in a tangible way, it's a way for me to have powerful proof that
I exist.
I am.
I belong to me.
I choose to be here in this reality, I choose to embrace the life I have led, and the present self I am, and the future self I am
learning to become.
I have not been destroyed.
I have not been rebuilt.
I have not recreated,
but I have finally discovered
the wonder
that is
my Soul.
I am a rich Human, with talents, and gifts, and faults.
I am a wealthy soul, because I can embrace who I really am,
and then give that openly
to the world.
I am my own Universe.
I am my own teller of this tale.
I am the owner of this spirit.
I am the driver, and the navigator.
These are some of my gifts, my artwork, my words, my life coaching, my intuitive gifts, my gifts of healing, my beauty, my ugly parts, my struggle to become more than what was
granted by an uncaring world at my birth.
My humanity, that is my greatest gift, I give that freely
everyday, right here, with my words.
I prove daily that the beauty of living isn't always pretty.
But a life of truth, a life of sincerity to nothing more than my own inner bill of rights, my inner constitution, my own Humanity, that is my greatest gift to this world, my willingness to be
real, engaged, imperfect, and willing to learn and share that information.
***
I will always be this person that I am...I have always been this person that I am...I will continue to be this person that I am...Because it's what is true for me.
I will always try to live this life as by the seat of my pants as I can. Why you ask?
Because I work well under pressure.
I smelt my impurities and revel my purity through
the ownership
the accountability
the acceptance of
this that is mine,
my life, my choice, my actions, my consequences, my growth, my mistakes...They are mine.
The lessons I learn, can not be unlearned.
I can forgive myself for not being yet ready to forgive others in my past life that have brought me unforgivable pain. It's not important that I forgive them....It's important that I forgive myself for not being able to change time and make the past different than it is/was.
I am becoming pure in this fire of reality...
watch me burn, watch me grow in the flames.
Gather my ashes, and put them in a
shiny jar, place it on the windowsill and let the light of
today, shine through
the dust of my past.
It's beautiful to shed new light on the old darkness, it's a wonder that my light is still
brillant... growing arms of passion to embrace more
change/destruction/oportunity
LIFE.
***
I create artwork, and create/work with Life Coaching other Human Beings because for me it is all
incredible, mystifying, and Most Holy...
Art.
***
Join the world today.
I am in studio painting...Creating worlds on squares of white, blank canvas that will later change reality as I know it and make the ugly
beautiful, because it already was.
I am coloring the world
with my passion, my love, my imperfection,
my purity.
Have a wonderful day.
What is in the box of crayons are you coloring your world with today?
Mine is a pretty new box, with sharp, incredible new colors never before seen by human eyes...
my colors transform
a blank canvas that
can live anywhere in the world
without
loosing their bold magic,
purity or power.
Show the world your true colors today.
Yours in the moment,
Heather

No comments: