Sunday, December 04, 2005

Bad Kitty Art Studio Portland/Beaverton, Oregon - oil paintings, sculpture, painted furniture, recycled art, motivational words

Bad! Kitty Quote for the day!

Salut (informal), Bonjour (formal) ~ French
This morning I am feeling better.
It took two days, but I feel better than I did on Friday when I had an emotional mini melt down...Between the kids, the upcoming holidays, two of my boys now having broken their arms in less than a week's time..The oldest and the youngest..One, right wrist and hand; the other one broke the left radius in his forearm.
Scooters and skateboards are on the top of my poop list...
Evil rolling contraptions of bone breakage.
Back to my list of stressful things..Let's see where was I?...
Oh yeah, the house of broken bones..And the Studio finally finished and opened, the van needed new tires, I lost a lot of time at work which made paying the rent this month...very, very ti-g-h-t, the garbage disposal went dead...
And the landlord isn't being very helpful about getting it fixed...
So, now my kitchen
(just an FYI here... I am a total Germ-a-phobe, I sanitize everything and wash my hands between every step of cooking and generally I am a pain in the ass when it come to sanitary stuff...I can be messy..Just not scummy)
smells like a freaking rotten potato...
Because it's all clogged up and broken and even though we cleaned it out..it is still stinking up the place...
And the landlord is like "well, now that you guys paid the rent (Like we have ever not paid? Or been late or ever asked for anything?!!!)...
Like the fridge that's in our lease, that's supposed to be here? Uh-huh... we started our moving day (into this place) with the 30 year old fridge ...
(that was in the studio when we looked at the place)
Out on the back porch, open..
And someone had tried to hose out the mold...
Then had plugged it in..found out it did not work..And then...just left left it right there...
for us to deal with...yep, there was technically a fridge here when we moved in...and the lease says "as-is" condition...so the story goes on...
In the freaking middle of everything else we were doing that day...
(unloading the moving truck...by ourselves...remember the mini melt down about being an orphan, and not having any friends left around here?...when we move, we always do it by ourselves...no help)
and then we had to move it out of our way...
And get it hauled off,
and go buy a freaking fridge that
we can't afford to make the payments on right now.
Then the dishwasher went out...
Well...it never worked..When we called about that, it took two weeks for him to even address the issue..And every time something with this place goes wrong
(it was abandoned for almost two years before we moved in)
he says to us..."well it was working when we lived there!"
That was three years ago, asshat...and things that are like 30-40 years old...Like the hot water heater, the dishwasher, the toilets, the plumbing, the roof, the garbage disposal...etcetera...
They break or need repair...now.
Well they worked last time you checked almost two years ago..But they don't now...
The yard is/was an overgrown mess...
The gutters were growing trees out of them and falling off the house...and flooding the back porch, there were/are mice...
The main bathroom toilet had some little girl toy shoved down it and we had to remove the whole thing to dig it out
(we only have boys..So I know it was not from us)
But he always acts like we are going to rob him or do "something" white trash like...
Or lie to him.
We have done nothing to deserve this treatment...
And we never charge him to install the new equipment that breaks...
He expects us to install it without charging him...
It's not even a question anymore.
He also expects us to go out and find the absolute cheapest thing and then call him back to tell him how much it is..And then he will let us know if that will be OK or not..Or he orders it (again the most cheap assed thing he can find...but he is a landlord...if it were me I would probably do the same as far as costs go)
from Home Depot...
We go pick it up, pay all extra costs for the small installation items that are always needed...
And install it and get the old whatever hauled away...
And he thinks we are going to screw him?!
Mind you...this is the same guy who just offered (less than two weeks ago) to sell this house to us... for more than $300,000.00 dollars!
If we could afford a freaking $300K plus house...
Do you really think we would be renting in the first place? Huh?
So, I am frustrated...but that's not too bad, the kids are my lights in the Universe, and I love them so that's not so bad, my pain level physically... is back to the normal range..And I am going to re-hang the studio today with all fairies..That will be fun.
I plan to keep working on my current sculpture, work the day job a little, putter in the studio, and finish up the X-mas ornaments I started yesterday..They are turning out SO COOL...I painted them in a graffiti style..So they look very "urban style"...Fun!
I am asking the universe for some real live customers to want to come see the place, or buy some art online...
Please Universe...I'll be extra good, and eat all my brussel sprouts for a year with no complaining...I promise!
So, generally I'll take it easy and slow today..Thinking about all the good in my life, all the great in my life, all the best of myself..And love the ones I am with.
I should have a good day....
Now..Unrolll that freaking Magic Carpet...Take me to the Head Potato..Or the Monkey gets it!
Have a good one all,
Heather

1 comment:

islandarts said...

I'm sending you many good vibes from my neck of the woods... i would snap up a piece of your work in a new york minute if i wasn't a 'starving' artist myself. Well I'm definitely not starving but I haven't sold much art either :0).
I love your work and one day i WILL be able to own one for myself... until then, I'm sending my best wishes