Tuesday, December 13, 2005

BAD! Kitty Art Studio Gets threats of leagal action


Hi All, I just got this email from some unknown who left no way to contact them...so, I thought I would adress the isssue here, so they can see it too.
Here's the email:

comments = Cease and desist from using this copywritten name or legal action will be taken against you.REMOTE_HOST: 12.75.154.47


OK....
1. The name Bad Kitty Is tademarked and copyright protected, for about a dozen diferent enities you are right. (all spelled differently or or are in some form of business that is different from the rest of them...there are other blogs/artist out there calling themselves Bad Kitty...am I sending them crazy emails?...nope....I just don't care)

2. The Name Bad! Kitty Art Studio , however (the way it is spelled and used) is also trademarked and copyright protected...by me, the artist HMBT.

3. USA laws allow variations on copyrights to/for names or business titles as long as they are not the same entity or infringing on the original copyrite owners businesses or sales/product...I am doing none of those things...I did tons of research about the way I spelled/picked my Art Studio's name...so don't send me notices about your "impending lawsuits"...if you are not going to even identify yourself...(oooohhhh even more scary) and at least explain why I must cease the use of my own copyright...
Want more info? Then leave some contact information so I can tell you how to get bent in person.
Thanks and have a shiny happy day,
Heather

3 comments:

Carrie said...

all i can do is sit here with an evil giggle.

Heather said...

Why evil giggling? Do you know something missy?! I demand to know...NOW!
*Artist is now shining very bright interogation light on your kneecaps...she's a softy...but you had better cese and desist...or I may threaten legal action.*BTW Isn't Pinky a copyrighted name? Yes, yes I think it is....you better watch out....! HA!

Carrie said...

i'm giggling because just another yahoo in this world thinks they can intimidate you.

now, stop shining that light on me!!