Friday, December 09, 2005

BAD! Kitties Newest Art Doll Magnet...yep, that's right...you can stick it anywhere :)


BAD! Kitty Art Feature of the day!

"Don't forget the Joy"
Art Doll/mixed media...Vintage wooden spools, beads, wire, found objects, and a reject, glass lens for her head and face.
Magnets (Super strong) on the back make her a go anywhere kinda gal.
9" tall and her arms reach out about 6.5"

Locals Special Price: $35.00 (you pick up from the studio in Beaverton)

Bloggers Special price that includes shipping costs to anywhere inside the USA: $49.00

HUH?!! What...?! You need it gift wrapped, shipped with a special handmade card sent along with it.... to someone special?? Well...MeoW! We have you covered just add :$15.00 to your total...and ummm, let me know too, ok? :)

About This work:
"don't forget the Joy", is about me needing something to do with my hands, while I try to remember who, what, and why I am. I got it back...my Mo-Joe.....
("I'm just a love machine...and I don't work for nobody but you....I 'm Just a love machine...yea,yeah,bab-baby")
so I looked around the place and found this huge bucket of vintage wooden spools that I had the have , at the time I bought them...Which was about two years ago.
So I'm sitting here...and I don't "feel" like painting...
I want sparkle, I want for the hell of it...I want some FUN...Darn it!
So, I made some.
She came together, while I put myself back together...Try this here...And a little glue...A fancy bead...And Poof!
There she was...and I remembered the Joy.
I made her a magnet because I love making magnets...Don't know why, I just do...
I like that they can go anywhere, and be useful,
and be inspiring...and that they are fun.
I have three more in the works, right now...
(Each totally different...I never repeat a doll, and I have not made one in over a year...so...while it's "in" me...I'm cranking them out)
I think each doll is magical...that's why I make them sparingly...you don't go just throwing magic around...left and right...willy-nilly...well, a person might...never know what could happen then.
I have four right now this one is #1...
I think there will be five all together.
That feels right.
Maybe 7...
we will just see, now won't we?
I feel an Art Doll Explosion coming on....someone call the Nurse, and boil some water... STAT!

Have a great day,
Thanks for being here,
Heather




2 comments:

EarthMotherSelfheal said...

I love it.. so wonderful. What a great idea.

Smiles,
Donna
www.LyonZPath.net

Heather said...

Well thank you! I really have fun making them...and they are almost addictive...right now it's trophies...but I do have two or three of the dols almost ready to show too...thanks for stopping by...hope you'll come back!
Take care, Heather