Saturday, April 22, 2006

BAD! Kitty Art Studio ~ Portland Oregon ~ Artist Blog

Quote for the weekend
***
It is unethical not to know.
It is unethical not to think.
It is unethical not to love.
It is unethical not to live an impassioned life.
It is unethical not to attain greatness.
It is unethical to succumb to the fear of envy
and the conspiracy of mediocrity.
It is unethical not to self-bestow genius.
It is unethical not to be the first monkey.
Yasuhiko Genku Kimura
***
The First Monkey...Human evolution...
My kids came home from their schools "Earth Day"
celebration at school yesterday. Loaded down with happy paper
hats, colored with non-toxic crayons, markers and glues.
Paper bags, decorated and full of candy.
And completely terrified.
We had three hours of frank conversation about what the world will look like in thirty years.
How it's going to be OK, they didn't mean to scare you, they were trying to teach you..My youngest
Looks up at me and says, "well, it sure scared me when they said the world would be boiling in thirty years and that my kids were going to die."
7 years old. And worrying about how going to the grocery store is going to kill his kids in the future.
Way to go American terroristst!
I mean if we start scaring the be-Jesus out them at a young age,
teach them to fold their hands across their little hearts and pledge under
GOD (whose?)
to serve and love this country,
where it's perfectly fine for the people who are here to put on a fun
event for little kids to help them better LOVE
their earth, Turns into a slide show presentation of the natural disaster our
planet actually is.
Let's not inspire,
Let's Terrorize.
Is this the New American Way?
Well...
I'll be the first Monkey to stand up and say
it's not right. It's down right not ethical....
to use MY TAX PAID for
School To Scare My Kids!
Nope, the Head monkeys's no child left behind and faith based plans are working great here in my hometown.
All Hile the head Monkey.
Who's building a PR campain to invade Iran, and South Americas For more OIL
to continue killing the planet,
so that the eco-terrorists will have continued job security
in the elementary school lecture circuit...
paid for
by my tax dollars.
Yeah, well fuck you.
I'll be the first Monkey.
This is Unethical...
not to mention stupid.
Stupid Shit like this makes me want to be nothing but base human.
And an Ass kicking, white trash southern, fuck you personality comes over me that is almost irresistible at times.
So, please excuse my Saturday rant...but I had to get it out so my day can be wonderful
in the rare and clear
And Freaking even rareer SUN of an OREGON spring
air, water and greenery
which is part of the beautiful
sacred earth I am a good steward of, on/with.
Today we will have a real
EARTH day
we will go out and clean the forest park,
and sing 60's love songs
to our Mother
and Thank her
for our
LIVES.
A-HO!
Let it Be!
No fear, just
LOVE
and a
PLAN
for
action
a plan for
Change.
Being it
not
fearing it.
Bring it Society.
This Monkey will raise her fist
I Will GO
FIRST.
BURN.
See Me.
I am not average,
and I am loaded for
bear.
Yours in the stream
and swimming upstream
people please...
swim UP stream!
Heather

1 comment:

Carrie said...

You know that we could talk about this topic for days and days and days. It's so nice to know we live in a society that kids can get free terrorrizing just for going to school! (please read that with sarcasam for those who don't know me)

I'm proud you have stood up and said this is crap. It's good for you and even better for your children to see you do it. You GO Ass-Kicking Mom Who Is Going to Save The World!!! WOOOO-HOOOO!