Sunday, April 16, 2006

BAD! Kitty Art Studio PDX Oregon~ recycled art, Original oil paintings,& motivational words


Quote for the day
***
"Nothing more enhances authority than silence. It is the crowning virtue of the strong, the refuge of the weak, the modesty of the proud, the pride of the humble, the prudence of the wise, and the sense of fools. To speak is to . . . Dissipate one's strength; whereas what action demands is concentration. Silence is a necessary preliminary to the ordering of one's thoughts."

Charles de Gaulle
***
Sometimes the silence can be thunder
the heartbeat
the mouth
the soul
searches for a grip
on the stony surface of
this world.
Sometimes I want to
run
hide
escape
rest.
Sometimes I want to
fight
struggle
learn
fail.
Sometimes I want to
succeed
win
teach
love.
Sometimes I want to
not be who I am.
Sometimes I want to be more.
Sometimes
the silence of the
actions taken
plans made
needs discovered
wants prioritize
obligations met
goals mapped
is a deafening roar
of thunder
to remind me
I am Small
and
Mighty.
See Me.
I am not average.
I will burn this candle at both ends
because
sometimes I want to
be
Raw & radiant,
and
Be Seen for who I am.
I am that flickering light,
fragile as the hand Shields the wick
softly melting wax drips on the skin
to remind us of the delicate nature
of destructive force
used as
Fuel
instead of
Weight.
Yours in Interacting with the Moment,
Heather/Sybil Ann

No comments: