Wednesday, April 19, 2006

BAD! Kitty Art Studio PDX Metro Portland Oregon~ recycled art, Original oil paintings,& motivational words

Quote for the day
***
Question: Why are we Masters of our Fate, the captains of our souls? Because we have the power to control our thoughts, our attitudes. That is why many people live in the withering negative world. That is why many people live in the Positive Faith world. And you don't have to be a poet or a philosopher to know which is best.

Alfred Montapert
***
Bad! Kitty Art Original "The New One"
(please read the essay that follows below...it goes with the painting.)
This painting was most recently featured at the Portland City Hall's Race for the Cure (group show) Month long show.
It has won 3 awards, and been published in 12 magazines, ezines and art/health periodicals in the past year.
30" x 50"oils and metal powders
Gallery wrapped no frame needed ready to hang.
The New OneAn essay by HMBTcopyright 2005
***********
I was seven, when I found out that people get sick, people get cancer, and people can die.
We had just come back from my favorite aunt’s home, where she and I had happily spent the day, making paper clip jewelry, and her famous oatmeal cookies.
All the grown-ups were weird, acting strange and stilted.
I just thought they were being grown-ups…which when I was seven was another word for “crazy” anyway.
We went home, life went on.
Two weeks later, my grandfather sat me down and told me that Aunt Nell had passed away, she had been sick, with cancer for a long time, and that she had lost the battle, gone with God and moved to heaven.
At the funeral, I sat in the pew, sandwiched between my father and grandmother, almost passing out from the White Shoulders my grandmother had bathed in, and my father’s aftershave.
My skirt was new and itchy, and I was hot, and really mad at everyone for not noticing my perfect set of matching jewels, made of paper clips and shelf paper… made by my favorite aunt and myself, in the sun, on the back porch, laughing cookie crumbs at each other.
I had insisted on wearing them, even though they didn’t match my new dress.
She looked beautiful and just like she was asleep, I left my bracelet on her pillow, so she would have something pretty to wear in Heaven.
I’ve still got my necklace and matching ear rings Aunt Nell, I’ll make sure to bring them with me when I come to see you.
I was 20 years old when I found out that people get sick, people get cancer, I had cancer, and I might die.
The doctor sat across from me and solemnly delivered the bad news, six months maybe a little longer; they didn’t know how to stop it.
My son had been born less than a year before, I was an athlete, I took care of myself, I was alone in the world, a single mother, and no family left.
This couldn’t be happening to me, I was not going to die, that I knew when I left the office.
I wasn’t going to die, and that was that.
I’ve been told I am a little stubborn.
He told me to put my life in order, he told me to spend time with my son, and to think about making arrangements for him.
He told me to go home and enjoy what time I had left.
I was 26 years old when I learned that people get sick, people get cancer, I had cancer, and people don’t always die.
I am now 36 years old. I did not go home and give up.
I have three children, after they said it was impossible.
I have no cancer.
I have spent many years recovering, and learning; this world is a magical place, full of magical people.
I am one of them; you are too.
Live each day as if it will end in the next ten seconds. (~Ray Bradbury)
Live each moment, to it’s fullest.We all have a terminal disease; it’s called birth.
The future is no place to put your better days. (~Dave Matthews)
I am still here, and so are you.
Let’s do something about it, with it.
This painting is about my recovery, the friends and family
I have watched make the transition from this life to the next realm, and my personal declaration to the universe
that I am still here,
and that matters to me,
and the people who love me.
I will go when it’s my time,
but not now…until then I am “The New One”.
Heather Brown-Truman www.badkittyartstudio.com
Portland OregonCopyright
HMBT 2005
***********
If you would like to claim this wonderful work as your own, or make a no sales pressure, no obligation to buy anything... appointment to see it in person please contact me, here or thru my web site:
Just hit the "Contact Me" button on any page.
Thanks for being here, have a wonderful day.
Heather

No comments: