Sunday, October 29, 2006

One More for today & later a pic of my work in progress,Yippee!



Waking the Soul Power
24" X 24"
No frame needed gallery wrapped
with beaded fringe on the bottom.
NOW $155.00 + Shipping
***
International award winner for mixed media artwork,
Upstream People Gallery 2005
*****
The Dream State Series started out of my need to understand my inner voice. I can hear it, beating a steady back-beat in my mind. I can feel it in my feet when I am dancing, creating, and breathing fire. So, when I closed my eyes and grabbed a handful of plaster, this is what happened. I used found objects, feathers, costume jewelry, vintage lace, and oils. This painting placed in the top five in an International Mixed Media Event, in 2005.
Waking the Soul Power is the face that I have given to my inner voice.
I guess my inner voice is a dark skinned, tribal warrior woman.
That works for me.
What does the face of your inner voice look like?
***
Heather

No comments: