Saturday, October 14, 2006

Freeing My Soul Today


BAD! Kitty Art Studio
Quote for the day
***
"Our nervous system developed for one sole purpose, to maintain our lives and satisfy our needs.
All our reflexes serve this purpose.
This makes us utterly egotistic.
With rare exceptions people are really interested
in one thing only: themselves.
Everybody, by necessity, is the center of his own universe.
When the human brain took its final shape, say,
100,000 years ago, problems and solutions must
have been exceedingly simple.
There were no long-range problems and man
had to grab any immediate advantage.
The world has changed but we are
still willing to sell more distant vital interests for
some minor immediate gains.
Our military industrial complex, which endangers
the future of mankind, to a great extent owes its
stability to the fact that so may people depend on it for their living.
This holds true for all of us, including myself.
When I received the Nobel Prize, the only big lump sum of money
I have ever seen, I had to do something with it.
The easiest way to drop this hot potato was
to invest it, to buy shares.
I knew World War II was coming and I was afraid
that if I had shares which rise in case of war, I would wish for war.
So I asked my agent to buy shares which go down in the event of war.
This he did.
I lost my money and saved my soul. "
~Albert Szent-Gyorgyi
Source: Albert Szent-Gyrgyi,
The Crazy Ape, Grosset and Dunlap,
New York, 1971, p 72.
***
Today we will unpack my studio.
Today I will again put brush to canvas.
Today my soul will once again
breath.
Today I will feel whole again,
with the smells of oil paints,
the sounds of my children in the background,
and the beauty of my new land
laying before my wondrous eyes.
I will open my soul,
and know the peace
of the great universal
maker in my heart.
Today I will be free.
Yours in Soul-full-ness,
Heather

No comments: