Friday, October 13, 2006

Excellent Habits


BAD! Kitty Art Studio
Quote for the day
***
" Excellence is an art won by training and habituation.
We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence,
but we rather have those because we have acted rightly.
We are what we repeatedly do.
Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit. "
~Aristotle
***
As I unpack my brown box life again,
I am reminded just how little
material possessions mean
to me in creating a happy
life.
Only a few months ago, I had a home
of over 2500 square feet,
my own separate studio space,
five television sets,
three couches,
shelves upon shelves of collectables &
Trinkets of a life,
closets of clothes, rooms full of books,
a pantry full of food, enough to feed 20 people for weeks,
two cars, stereo systems, fish tanks, china,
and truckloads of stuff in general.
I now own one car, and my stuff
fits into a 6' X 12' trailer.
At the moment I do not own one stick of furniture
to sit on.
My clothes fit into one small box.
I have two pairs of shoes.
I have enough food for one week for four people.
I have no extras, no trinkets.
As I unpack my brown box life,
I am reminded
of just how wealthy I am.
And I am happy.
Virtue is my steady companion,
Fearlessness my friend,
wisdom my cornerstone,
action my language,
clarity my food.
I am happy with my brown box life,
because it makes me feel free.
Now that all the stuff is cleared
out of my way,
I can really create
this life, this is
my ultimate work of
art.
My life is an artwork
in never ending progress,
it is my discovery of new habits,
an exercise in excellent
freedoms, and it is mine.
I am proud of who I am,
simple, free, and learning more everyday.
What do you have/do in your life
that makes you feel excellent?
What is the definition for you
of excellence?
What of Virtue?
What of fearlessness?
What habits do you have that make you feel
great about yourself?
Tell me, I really want to know.
These words, this transparency of my simple life,
this is one of my habits, it is one of my definitions
of excellence, I share it here, with you.
Yours in fearlessness
and habitual virtue,
Heather
http://www.badkittyartstudio.com/

No comments: