Thursday, October 05, 2006

New Art Just finished Mississippi Grrl



Mississippi Grrl
Oil Pastels on Canvas board
& Mixed Media
16" X 20"
40 cm X 50 cm
New Art Just Finished!
100.00 + Shipping
SHIPPING IS NOT FREE, but I do offer a free shipping
quote to anyone, and to any where in the world.
Please just email me with your zip code or country,
and I will get a exact quote for you, no problem.
*****
Here is the quote that inspired the work:
I am part of the sun as my eye is part of me.
That I am part of the earth my feet know perfectly, and my blood
is part of the sea.
My soul knows that I am part of the human race,
my soul is an organic part of the great human race,
as my spirit is part of my nation.
In my own very self, I am part of my family.
~D.H. Lawrence
Source: Apocalypse, 1931
*****
Mississppi Grrl is all about my quest for peace.
Peace in my heart, peace with my surroundings,
peace with my circumstances.
Loving myself isn't always easy to do.
I fail, I get stuck, I don't always make the right choices with people, places or situations.
The peace I seek is within myself, this world I live in and the places I dwell in. This is a break through work for me, as I have been
in a artistic rut for a few months, sick of myself, my situation, my choices in people to trust.
I choose to move past those realities,
I choose to make my own path, and capture the moments of living,
like the reflections of birds on the wing, in a sunset sky.
All places and people have meaning,
sometimes you have to be stuck to see them more clearly.
I am leaving Mississippi soon, but this is my painting
to document what I learned in my brief time here,
that I am free no matter where I lay my head.
I hope you enjoyed the work, and thank you for being here.
Heather
*****
These pictures were taken inside and out,
(See more at etsy, the link is below)
the darker pictures were taken inside,
but show the true colors of the work, violets, reds, greens, and blues.
the outside pictures are brighter and clearer,
but have too much of the blues to really show the depth of color,
I included them, because I wanted to show the detail of the work.
*****
I offer a no questions asked 7 day return policy. (7 days after YOU get it IN your home) If you don't like it, let me know and then wrap it back up, and send it back, I'll refund you the sale price, minus the shipping charges. No problems, no hassles,no waiting. Art is subjective I get that, so just relax. And for the love of art, take a look, you never know what you will discover!
*****
Click the link to see more:

1 comment:

Carrie said...

This turned out really beautiful. You should be very proud of it!