Friday, May 19, 2006

BAD! Kitty New Art!

BAD! Kitty New Art!
"The Quiet Warrior"
Laminated collage
8.5" X 11"
Here are the two quotes that inspired the work:
1. "Anything is one of a million paths. Therefore, a warrior must always keep in mind that a path is only a path; if he feels that he should not follow it, he must not stay with it under any conditions. His decision to keep on that path or to leave it must be free of fear or ambition. He must look at every path closely and deliberately. There is a question that a warrior has to ask, mandatorily: 'Does this path have a heart?' "

Carlos Castaneda
***
2. "Every Warrior of the Light has felt afraid of going into battle.
Every Warrior of the Light has, at some time in the past, lied or betrayed someone.
Every Warrior of the Light has trodden a path that was not his.
Every Warrior of the Light has suffered for the most trivial of reasons. Every Warrior of the Light has, at least once, believed he was not a Warrior of the Light.
Every Warrior of the Light has failed in his spiritual duties.
Every Warrior of the Light has said 'yes' when he wanted to say 'no.'
Every Warrior of the Light has hurt someone he loved.
That is why he is a Warrior of the Light, because he has been through all this and yet has never lost hope of being better than he is.

Paulo Coelho
***
There is a journey we are all taking...
this reality.
I am a peaceful warrior in this world.
I work hard to bring forth what is
best about myself,
the life I live,
and my place in this universe.
I depend on the people in my life
to be
warriors too.
Life is battle
bloody
and
gory.
I live a path that brings me closer
with each step to a different
reality.
Where we don't sit passively by
watching our lives play out like
reality TV shows.
But one where people get fired up inside
about being a
HUMAN BEING.
No gender
no affiliations
no expertise
no higher or lower
just
HUMAN.
I am one such
being.
And I am
More.
I am not Average.
You can Trust me on that,
I am a
Warrior.
My Sword is love,
My staff is fearlessness,
My shield the trust and faith
I have in my tribe and myself.
I am
that warrior.
See me BURN.
Raw & radiant.
Heather

1 comment:

Heather said...

Thanks!
Heather