Wednesday, May 10, 2006

BAD! Kitty Art Studio ~ Portland Oregon ~ Artist Blog ~Quote for the day


BAD! Kitty Art Studio
Quote for the day
***
"I believe that words can help us move or keep us paralyzed, and that our choices of language and verbal tone have something - a great deal - to do with how we live our lives and whom we end up speaking with and hearing; and that we can deflect words by trivializiation, of course, but also by ritualized respect, or we can let them enter our souls and mix with the juices of our minds. "

Adrienne Cecile Rich
***
Above the picture is a close up of one of the flowers across the top of my one of my Functional Art Tables...(this one a vintage library table from the early 1900's, solid oak with a drawer, just in case you were wondering) I just love the way the picture and the work turned out....And so I thought I'd share. Thanks to all for the feedback on the art I posted yesterday, and I am really excited by the new logo...And have spent some time working at my
store, adding some new fun products with some of the newer works,
you should check it out.
***
The Etsy store too is doing extremely well, with tons of traffic, great feedback, and general good feelings all around. I love being a part of a great community that is so dedicated and full of passion.
You should check that out too, the link's are all over the place, but just scroll down and you'll see the one for MY store.
Big shout out to my Best Gal Pal
PINKY
for her fist Sale on Etsy...And it took less than three weeks for it to happen! CongratulationS to
I am so HAPPY for you, you deserve it so MUCH!
Rock on BAD! Grrrl!
***
Working hard at trusting the Universe Will Provide.
I can take rejection (years of that have left a large callus that really isn't a biggie anymore, I actually like getting constructive critiquing now, funny huh?)
but the waiting to be SURE
is killing me.
And the screwed up part is I won't know
until I try as hard as I can to succeed, and
just see what happens next.
I trust the Universe has a plan,
I have the faith and ability
and the absolute determination
to carry it
out...
and see what happens.
So today I shake the money tree,
I ask for what I need,
I work hard to prove I am willing to
continue.
I focus.
I am real
and RAW today and doing something with it...
the sword in hand
and wind in my hair,
I go.
Yours in the moment,
Heather

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Thank you SO much!! I just wish I could blink my eyes real HARD and be in your studio! Thank you and a big fat hug to go with it!!!

Heather said...

Me too! i WANT TO GET IN THE SAME ROOM WITH YOU AND CREATE LIKE mad gRRRLS!
sOMEDAY MY DEAR, IF WE KEEP WORKING HARD AT OUR GOALS OF TAKING OVER THE ART WORLD with Truth, Passion, and conviction (force) of our will...we will make it to that perfect day when I get to hug you in real life and then create wonderul life changing work with you! I am so proud of you to go from 1 year ago being too afraid to even just blog, now you are a powerhouse of sales, smarts and brass balls! I Love it, and you too~! If you are looking for the perfect gift of handmade wonderment go check out PINKY, Inc! She's got the best in magical, transformatioanl art jewlery!
Heather