Friday, May 05, 2006

BAD! Kitty Art Studio ~ Portland Oregon ~ Artist Blog ~Quote for the day


BAD! Kitty Art Studio & Sybil Ann Tells All
Quote for the day
***
My pride and my power of vision were all that I owned when I started - and whatever I achieved, was achieved by means of them. Both are greater now. Now I have the knowledge of the superlative value I had missed: of my right to be proud of my vision. The rest is mine to reach.

Ayn Rand
***
Proud and restless
prowling the corners
the back closets of my
brain.
Connective tissues
weblike and
melding the halves
into a whole.
I am reaching
I have a
finger hold
toes streching for
purchase
I cling.
I am me.
I know who I am.
I am what I make of myself.
Author of my destiny.
I see my horizon
and I paddle
my little boat
harder into the wind.
I will never stop.
How can I not be me?
How can I go backwards...
I don't want to go back.
I am
a
not a number,
a speck,
anything that can be defined.
I am just me.
That's it.
Come what may
I know this truth to be
self evident.
I continue.
Watch me sweat,
Watch me BURN.
Raw today...And creating a fire
that I can rise from
and fly away
to a place where
color is emotion,
texture is definition,
form is everything...
today I create.
BOLD.
Call it.
I thank you Universe for what I have, and I want what I have.
I am proud of
who I am
Warts and All.
RAW.
Heather
NEW! Great site for ART!

No comments: