Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Bad Kitty Art Studio Portland/Beaverton, Oregon - oil paintings, sculpture, painted furniture, recycled art, motivational words


BAD! Kitty art studio
Quote for the day!
***
"The real sin against life is to abuse and destroy beauty, even one's own - even more, one's own, for that has been put in our care and we are responsible for its well-being. "

Katherine Anne Porter
***
Taking care of business today.
I have so much to do and so far to go before I sleep again...And I didn't sleep last night...Thinking...In the dark, tracing the scrimshaw, the lacy filigree of my past, present and future....The cut to fit, pattern of my inner eye...Counting heartbeats...Breathing in...Pushing the anxiety down...To that place that's still sticky, and trying to leave it there...Sometimes I just can't stop thinking...
and the worm turns...And my nirvana keeps running ahead...Calling to me...Sneaking up behind me, She taps me on the shoulder... And then runs again...Throwing me off
with a saucy wave, and a bounce in her step.
I have so much to do...
and time is fleeting...
Tracing the network of my inner state roads
I find all the road maps are still tucked
under the visors
of my eyes...
and still the dawn brings...
black and orange burn out spots
on the unpatroled parking lot of my
night mind.
Sometimes it's all so clear...
today I feel mole-eyed...
squinting at the world...And trying to make sense of it all.
With you today in the moment....Heather

No comments: