Sunday, January 15, 2006

BAD! Kitty Art studio ~ Portland Oregon ~ Artist Blog ~Quote for the day

BAD! Kitty Art Studio
Quote for the day!
***
"I am absolutely convinced that no amount of wealth in the world can help humanity move forward, even in the hands of the most devoted worker. The example of great and pure individuals is the only thing that can lead us to noble thoughts and deeds. Money only appeals to selfishness and irresistibly invites abuse. Can anyone imagine Moses, Jesus or Ghandi armed with the money-bags of Carnegie?"
Albert Einstein
***
Good Sunday Morning,
I hope this post finds you well.
I have been so busy
the last week,
working to produce
proof
that I can let some of the
things that in
my daily life
that make me feel
not right...
that make me feel
like why am I really doing this?
My Work...Of late has been
Trying hard to create proof that I can really let go...
and see what happens.
***
Work is so important to me, I have always
needed to work.
Any type of work that was at hand...
as a child I learned to stay busy...
productive,
to protect myself and to
remain an
easily used commodity for
exploitation
profit
pleasure.
Working, was a way to
stay out of the way
and create physical
proof
of my worth and value.
Work was a way to become invisible.
My profits back then came in the form
of good days
when I didn't get hurt.
My required effort (read work)
was important in keeping those good days
strung together
luminescent, fragile
like pearls on a rotting silk cord...
keeping them together
for as long as possible,
keeping me together
for as long as possible.
Glowing and vulnerable
hanging on a knotted
cord
of
silk.
***
Working today means discovering
myself.
Becoming a full-time artist
was and still is
scary as hell.
Re-routing the neural pathways
in my brain
to turn my act of working
into
visual dialogue
proof
of my
being...
my worth,
my value,
my intentions,
and no longer
does it make me
invisible.
***
Here's to being Whole,
with a vision,
with intention,
and
to being
REALLY SEEN
in today,
Heather

PS: Please consider supporting living artist...If not me, then someone that resonates with you. Communicate to the world, to yourself...Feed yourself, feed your soul...and help keep feeding real live humans...that are struggling to remain
visible, viable, and worthy of the trade of money for
hard work
manifested.

No comments: