Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Bad Kitty Art Studio Portland/Beaverton, Oregon - oil paintings, sculpture, painted furniture, recycled art, motivational words

BAD! Kitty Art Studio
Quote for the day!
***
How the heck are you today?
***
"Fear is nothing except a drain of energy and Not a power unto itself. Trust in yourself, For therein lies the true power." ~unseen
***
Yes! My kids go back to school today!
I have rearranged my new year (s)
daily work schedule, and today is the first day I try it out.
I'll be doing my "day" job in the evenings from now on...Leaving me TIME during these freaking short ass days to really get some work done...On my real work...
Creating things that represent my inner world/discovery/path...And the outer world I work hard everyday to help create.
***
We don't make New Year's resolutions...BAD! Idea for this kitty...Don't tell me what to do...I want to figure it out myself, but if you have some tools you would like to lend, and maybe SHOW me how to properly use them, well then...I am very happy to learn and participate fully.
I have an allergic reaction to authority, or being told what to do, or being told what I "should" be doing with my life.
I don't want some other person, place or thing... That I don't get to pick out first, tell me what my time is worth...What my value is...How much money I can make...Or what to paint...Or what I should wear...Who I should pray to...You get the idea.
Literally...I can not seem to overcome my unwillingness to
do or not do something/anything...If someone/society says...YOU MUST do it.
I am the only one that can boss me around.
I can allow myself to be manipulated,
by emotional bullies, and other pushy, not really "in touch with the REAL world" peoples,
(you know the ones I am talking about...The ones that just don't get the whole global "poverty thing" is the true evil)
and I can do what's needed in any situation...
But I still have to do it or not do it...
according to my own inner bylaws of standards and principles...Notice I said MY inner Bylaws...Not yours, maybe not anybody else's standards...But they are mine, and I control what I do, and don't do...Me...Not you, or the world...
just me.
***
Keeping it Simple.
***
I used to say all the time..."I'm not employable. That's why I have always (almost always) been self employed. I decide what I am worth (time and money wise) and how much I want out of whatever it is I am doing."
***
I have had a "job" for more than a year now...A record length of time for me personally...To be employed by someone else...Getting a regular paycheck...That sort of thing.
I work from home, true...But how many people can say to/about themselves...That they can get up everyday, and go to work...Without a boss, expecting you...Or whatever?
I have and am doing just that...
without any outside "pressure" to go to work...except for the pressure ofthe burning need for food and housing...
I go to work, and I think that's pretty fucking cool.
Because it's sure as Hell ain't easy to do it.
I am a self motivated person...Meaning, I needed a paycheck, the art wasn't making enough "money" at the time, and I looked for a way out of the financial trap I saw looming over our family.
I took a j-o-b...JOB.
GASP!
be aware that this is my...
Shock and awe....
surprisingly...I discovered,
a new truth about myself!
I AM very, very, very
employable,
dependable,
and motivated.
I have proven that...everyday.
Why do you go to work everyday?
***
Keeping it simple today to me means...
I change my inner dialogue to match
my outer surroundings...
it's not a superwoman cape..
or a fancy hat...
it's called survival.
I needed more income...
I went and found a way to get it, and be able to be
at home with/for my kids...
Tending my most important crop...My most imprtant job ever...
bring this crop of HUMAN Beings...thru and into this reality.
I like my Humans...Live and wiggling...
I have three more
Live Beings to add to the planet...
well...Really, I already added them...
now I am growing them,
encouraging them to become
more...
***
I have gone thru the ups and downs this last year of trying to work a full time job,
keep control over the sanitary conditions and food needs of myself and four men,
(who have always helped out a lot!!! Thanks guys, you rock)
raise 3 "problem" children,
(read...They genetically, and honestly inherited their Mother's innate hatred of being told what to do)
Keep My Mate Happy,
Create my Studio and my ART,
and still have time for me.
Well... There isn't enough time to do all those
things well
at once.
So, I didn't make a resolution this year...
as much as a dedication.
Time is fleeting...
life is whizzing by a million miles a second out there...
feel it?
I am conducting an experiment...I am the test subject.
I am re-prioritizing
my time.
That is my dedication...
to me...To find the time, to
take care of myself,
to live, learn, create, and share
that wealth
with
the world.
It's important...To me it's imperative that I find
the time...I need.
It's an investment.
It's involves risks.
It may not work out like I hope.
I might have to change my mind along the way.
I may not like what happens after I "just do it."
So?
I'll come up with something else...
chance and change...
I'll roll those dice.
***
With the children all tucked neatly away at school,
and a current new work that is obsessing my mind...
even when I sleep...
(I have decided to make myself a trophy.
A real live...Trophy...
yes, an award for excellence...
and it lights up too!)
I love it, I have started on another couple of ideas...
and now I am off and running with a new body of work...
and the wheel goes round...
worm turn the earth...Tilling under, making it rich again...
the quiet of
the chaos of the Holidays
(quiet because chaos is familiar)
brought me
a gift...
a new idea.
One that makes me sing inside when I "work".
One that makes me want to get out of bed early
and stay up late.
Ideas are my
addiction.
Watch out I'm contagious.
Don't get any ideas...
wise guy.
***
So off I go... to I hope, I hope, I hope...To finish my first
sculpture of the year...Made almost entirely out of trash...Garbage, throw away stuff...
like the old me...That used to value herself....
by a whole different set of rules...
What was old is new again...
recycle yourself.
Dare to catch your own
light
spilling
into
the
world.
***
I have come loose from my moorings...
Fabulous!
Now I can fly.
***
Yours today in keeping it simple
and
real,
Heather

No comments: