Thursday, January 19, 2006

BAD! Kitty Art Studio ~ Portland Oregon ~ Artist Blog ~Quote for the day

BAD! Kitty Art Studio
Quote for the day
***
"Approach each new problem not with a view of finding what you hope will be there, but to get the truth, the realities that must be grappled with. You may not like what you find. In that case you are entitled to try to change it. But do not deceive yourself as to what you do find to be the facts of the situation."

Bernard Baruch
***
While the days seem to fly by and each one gone, never to return, I find myself doing a lot of thinking about the future, what the current problem is and what I can do to "fix" it.
Fixing things is what I do.
I fix.
When presented with a problem, I kick into high gear.
When the wrinkles of life
get the sheets all rolled up in
uncomfortable creases
when pressed against
soft
naked
flesh,
I smooth
re-make
pat
the wrinkles
back into a more comfortable
place to dwell for longer periods in.
Smoothing out the wrinkles in life
for others is
what I have always done.
***
One of the life lessons I am facing at this moment is the
ability to separate myself from
the wrinkles...
learn to leave them be.
and sleep
above them, floating
on the softness
of knowing
that I am not supposed to know
how to smooth every crease from my life...
it is important that I have pain,
it is important that I do without knowing...
it is important that I learn to live within the wrinkles
and folds
and creases
of the world as I know it.
***
The day ahead is one of completion of projects started,
working with a few clients
to help them find themselves,
and reminding myself...
that wrinkles are good,
and I can choose
to snuggle down
turning round
and round
till I make a smooth spot,
big enough for my tired
self to rest
when I need
comfort
relaxation
understanding.
I choose how the day continues,
I choose how I react to the events
winkles
of each new day.
***
Yours in the moment,
Heather
PS! I have another art doll magnet to share, finishing the final details on that one...I'll post pictures soon, and I have journal pages to share, and...Of course there are three ands...I am working on a really exciting commissioned work, that is stressing my abilities as an artist, which will make me even better in the end...Isn't that fun?
Challenge...
"may I have some more please sir?"
Buy Art...You deserve the Originals.
http://www.badkittyartstudio.com

No comments: