Saturday, January 28, 2006

BAD! Kitty Art Studio ~ Portland Oregon ~ Artist Blog

BAD! Kitty Art Studio
Quote (s) of the day
***
"If a man is crossing a river and an empty boat collides with his own skiff, even though he be a bad-tempered man he will not become very angry. But if he sees a man in the boat, he will shout at him to steer clear. If the shout is not heard, he will shout again, and yet again, and begin cursing. And all because there is somebody in the boat. Yet if the boat were empty, he would not be shouting, and not angry. If you can empty your own boat crossing the river of the world, no one will oppose you, no one will seek to harm you.... Who can free himself from achievement, and from fame, descend and be lost amid the masses of men? He will flow like Tao, unseen, he will go about like Life itself with no name and no home. Simple is he, without distinction. To all appearances he is a fool. His steps leave no trace. He has no power. He achieves nothing, has no reputation. Since he judges no one, no one judges him. Such is the perfect man: His boat is empty."

Chuang Tzu
***
"Bodhidharma: Even if a buddha or bodhisattva should suddenly appear before you, there's no need for reverence. This mind of ours is empty and contains no such form. Those who hold onto appearances are devils. They fall from the Path. Why worship illusions born of the mind? . . . The basic nature of a buddha has no such form. Keep this in mind, even if something unusual should appear. Don't embrace it, and don't fear it, and don't doubt that your mind is basically pure. . . . Also at the appearance of spirits, demons, or divine beings, conceive neither respect nor fear. Your mind is basically empty. All appearances are illusions. Don't hold on to appearances. If you envision a buddha, a dharma, or a bodhisattva and conceive respect for them, you relegate yourself to the realm of mortals. If you seek direct understanding, don't hold on to any appearance whatsoever, and you'll succeed. . . . The sutras say, "That which is free of all form is the buddha." Disciple: But why shouldn't we worship buddhas and bodhisattvas? Bodhidharma: Devils and demons possess the power of manifestation. They can create the appearance of bodhisattvas in all sorts of guises. But they're false. None of them are buddhas. The buddha is your own mind. Don't misdirect your worship."

Bodhidharma
***
Good Saturday Morning,
I am in prayer today and will remain that way until Monday.
I have many things to do, and many places to be, and many miles to go before I sleep again...so I plunge ahead, I turn off the phones, I meditate, I pray to my inner divine being as I ask for understanding, patience, and conspiracy. For the next two days I will worship my spirit, I will reward my soul, for being what it is.
Sturdy.
So, I am built for the long haul...Got good tread left on the old tires, and my trunk is empty.
Wind in my hair...Sun on my back, bugs on the shield...
I ride...
"whispering, as I was driving, quietly the car was rolling like a bullet" ~End of the World soundtrack
I am not empty...I am full..
I am ready.
Today I work.
I pray.
I accept what is
and
make plans to change what I can.
I will warn the oppressed, and help the misunderstood.
Or maybe I'll just try...Keeping it simple...See you on Monday...have a great Weekend...
and go out and live
like it's your last ten seconds...
because it is...and it isn't
and that's just how it should be...
Intragal theory says...
everything is already perfect.
I guess it is all in the magic of learning how to love what you have...and not fight against what you want.
we were all born with a terminal disease...
it's called birth.
Live!
Love!
Dance!
Share!
Create Joy!
yes, I mean now....go!
shoo!
Love to all,
Heather
PS...if your still here...You could go shopping for something that will bring you joy for years to come...uuummm yeah, I mean my art...see I really like you so I've included a handy dandy little link right ---> here
so why not support a living artist today?
If not me...then another incredible artist that has art that speaks to you...ORIGINAL ART...good for the soul.
Buy Art Today
Feed your Soul.
PPS! Oh yeah, if you are a quote-aholic like me...fast scroll to the bottom of my blog...I added a new thingy that scrolls a bunch of great quotes and has over 15,ooo quotes in it...on a rotating basis...of course...it's cool check it out.
:) Be well, H

No comments: