Monday, January 16, 2006

BAD! Kitty Art Studio ~ Portland Oregon ~ Artist Blog ~Quote for the day


BAD! Kitty
Art Studio
Quote of my day
***
"I am part of the sun as my eye is part of me. That I am part of the earth my feet know perfectly, and my blood is part of the sea. My soul knows that I am part of the human race, my soul is an organic part of the great human race, as my spirit is part of my nation. In my own very self, I am part of my family."

D.H. Lawrence
***
"emerges ahead of his accomplishments"
That's my jumping off point this morning.
It's Monday, MLK day here in the states, and well...I think for the most part, for a lot of the people in America, it's either a bonus day off...Or it's a hassle because of it being a weekday off, with kids out of school...But your regular life has to march on.
The robots that I use in my work, and my OCD with things all mechanical "things"...Man's attempt to become a God on Earth...Adams Steele reinforced rib...With great gas mileage.
I like robots for that reason...
Emerges ahead of his accomplishments...
Because our greatest accomplishments...
Are made by becoming
more
organic
animal
human
rather than
a sum
of organic parts
functioning
but not living.
Living...bink, bink, bink...
Living, it's so fucking stressful
and complicated for me of late.
I have to work hard to control my impulse to
slip
fall
slide
through the
fog of my
Factory Life.
I am a Machine
a Machine
of
Love.
I operate with
the precision of something
programmed
for LIVING.
A healthy mind
in a sound body
is not easy to
create from the scraps left over
from the assemblage of stuff
my organic
existence...My bridgework trail back to the
past
present
future.
***
Which brings be back to my point.
MLK day.
A Human Being Worth...Wealth...
a fine example of
an authentic
LIVING being.
An American born,
dark skinned
Human
Inspired by his
FAITH
in all of humanity...
"I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident that all men are created equal."

Martin Luther King Jr
"Like an unchecked cancer, hate corrodes the personality and eats away its vital unity. Hate destroys a man's sense of values and his objectivity. It causes him to describe the beautiful as ugly and the ugly as beautiful, and to confuse. The true with the false and the false with the true."

Martin Luther King Jr
think about that for a moment...
***
Being born and raised in Southern Florida...And now living in the NW, I see that slavery/race isn't a concept that has left
any of us, untouched...
Regardless of
color.
We are all economic slaves
fodder
machines
separate
small.
Dr. King...He was speaking for equality for all humans,
in America...On EARTH...
Wealth
Status
Position
Power
Apathy
that's what defines who
we are in the
ladder of life.
From the top down its all about
how much you have
not how rich you are
as a resource...
as a
machine
capable of being a human animal...An organic
combination of our ecological
evolution...
and
then...More.
As I look back over my experience being a darker skinned
grrrl, too dark to just be white, too white to
be
anything
else.
I understand from a perspective as Female...As a white female...As a white, female, human...
BEING.
Whiteness is not a color I see.
I love the color white.
I don't like it as a descriptive term...
feels like a
suit cut
wrong...And it's hard to
understand
the importance of
being
more....When everyday life can make you
feel so
small
alone
separate.
***
I also have a dream.
That America really can be
a beacon of indvidualism,
commerce with conscious,
beings with
varying shades of
skin
that function
together
as a huge Machine of
Love...
Adventures, Chain Breakers of the
Highest Order
authentic
and
truly
FREE.
I reflect on how MLK would respond to
being wire tapped...What he would make of our current corrupt political system,
where we grow up and ask to be put into the system...And are controlled by the real wealthy, the ones that control what we see, feel, hear...Taste...
to take care of us, and protect ourselves from the cancer within...Wait
he was in these situation! Remember that
White Guy named
Nixon?
Yeah...History...It's funky.
My son's are coming home telling me all about
the American History, that they learn
in school.
It's not the same history
I learned in school...But it seems to me...Like the great
bibles of the world...It depends
on who is telling the tale
and who is
interpreting it.
***
My point being that we learn from our mistakes...Good judgment,
comes from bad judgment.
In America today, it's not what's wrong
but what's right, that we can focus on if we so choose...We are still free in our minds, spirits and souls...That can't be taken from any sentient being...
As Marget Mead said,
"Never doubt that a small group of committed citizens can change the world. In fact, it's the only thing that ever has."
***
I am all for telling the tale...
I just hope
the
author writes
a
good ending
for this factory life
filled with
Machines
of love.
A good old fashioned,
everybody's happy at the end of 102 minutes...
American
Ending.
***
Living in the moment today,
and thinking not from outside the box
but from inside
the Human,
Heather

No comments: