Tuesday, November 22, 2005

BAD! Kitty ART Feature of the DAY!


BAD! Kitty Art Feature of the day:

Passion Tree
18" x 24"
Gallery wrapped,
no frame needed, ready to hang
oils
Locals Special Price: $200.00 (Free delivery in the PDX area or pick up in my Beaverton Studio)
Bloggers special price: $288.00 (Includes discounted shipping costs anywhere inside USA)
International Shipping Quotes given free...just ask.

About Passion Tree:

"Trees serve as homes for visiting devas who do not manifest in earthly bodies, but live in the fibers of the trunks and larger branches of the trees, feed from the leaves and communicate through the tree itself. Some are permanently stationed as guardians of sacred places."
from Hindu Deva Shastra, verse 117, Nature Devas
***
Passion Tree came from my connection with the life form "tree". I have loved trees since the first moment I walked into a real forest. I was 5 or 6, we lived in the hills of a little place called Mt. Juliet, Tennessee...We had a small trailer on top of a little hill...And 88 acres around of woods, brooks, and the biggest weeping willows, that to this day, I have ever seen in my life. I roamed, and played and fished for whales in the brooks from the limbs of the weeping willows...I ran thru the Fields of my disobey (another song lyric) When I grew up...and went into horticulture...it was natural for me...I loved soil, plants, trees, bugs...Everything...I love it because no matter what....life finds a way. I knew if trees could do it...then I could do it too, I was 6 mind you....but my life had made me wise beyond my years at that time...I knew that my life would find a way. I gardened with family as a kid growing up, went to markets to buy fresh foods, and generally had the natural world to thank for saving my bacon in the end...Mother nature has never stopped amazing me...life in all it's forms amazed me as a kid...that's why I survived my childhood, that and just being too hard headed not to.

Passion is what brought me to life...meeting Mate Man and then making this life...that is what brought me to life, I mean waking from the coma that I was lulled into...Organically alive...but not alive at all.
I paint trees all the time...each tree holds the "life" I made it for....this one I made for my passion for my Mate....my tree is so big...you can only see the half of it. I have never known love like this before....that's a song right? It is true for me though...so this tree...in it's rich golden and deepest maroon blazing background....holds my passion for the love and being able to now be loved, just the way I am...and whomever I evolve into along the way...True love, passion, honesty, and first and foremost, no matter the circumstance we may find ourselves faced with...we love each other first. My Tree Deva....I call her Passion.

BTW...this painting is so much better in person...*aaarrgghh*I wish I was a better photographer, but now that the lights and everything are up in the studio I'll see if I can get a better shot of it and post it later today...and some shots of the studio too? uuuummmm, we will see....
****

This is why you I think you need original art in your life:"Good art makes you stop and look at it. Great art moves you in some way. Terrific art is something that changes you, inspires your inner you, alters your inner dialogue, communicates to the subconscious, is gratification for the Soul. Human Beings need Art in their everyday lives because it heals, speaks, inspires and explains...Period. You need art in your living environment because you need to speak, heal, be inspired and explain...and possibly reward yourself for the hardwork of keeping on, keeping on everyday...having the Stiff upper lip and all that."~hmbt

If you would like to claim this wonderful work as your own, or make a no sales pressure, no obligation to buy anything... Appointment to see it in person please contact me, here or thru my web site:
http://www.badkittyartstudio.com
Just hit the "Contact Me" button on any page.
Thanks for being here, and have a wonderful day.
Heather


No comments: