Wednesday, November 16, 2005

BAD! Kitty ART Feature of the DAY!


BAD! Kitty Art Feature of the Day
Fairy World 2 "Innocence"
18' X 24"
Gallery wrapped, finished sides ready to hang.
Oils, metal powders, mixed media
Locals Special Price: $200.00
Bloggers Special price including discounted shipping costs (anywhere inside USA): $275.00
International Buyers please inquire for a free shipping quote. I only charge actual shipping costs...no handling costs or hidden fees. Read my feedback/comments and shop with confidence.

About Fairy World:

The Fairy World Series has been a yearlong exploration of my unique brand of Woman. Growing up, I experienced the extremes of 1970's stereotypical behavior: both of the genders were represented clearly to my little-grrrl self. I learned to fight, to fear the adults of the world, and to loath my biggest birth defect, being born female.
I wanted to play war, and I fought regularly, boys mostly. I hated the color pink, which was spoon-fed in every petite little girl bite I took. In long hair and dresses, I went about my life trying to make sense of what it was to be a girl in this world. Seeking balance, seeking my inner truth, coming to grips with the body that was at once, object/commodity, weapon/tool, and all the time weak/powerful, and shameful/virtuous.
Learning how to play the roles with gusto, I have traveled 36 years in a body that has not always felt like my own; a rental that is a little short in the legs and itchy in all the spots that are just out of reach. Fairy World allowed me to marry the warrior, and the type, or brand, of woman that I am. I love my grrrl-ness now, a beautiful, complex and scary uniqueness that defies definitions and allows ultimate flexibility. The female form is inherently preprogrammed into us to bring forth many emotions from every human being on the planet. I am one such human, and this is what I see/feel about also being classified as Female Human.

My fairies are not average beauties; they represent the different aspects of my new breed of human being, a complex being that at this time, resides in my gray matter, and now these colorful canvases too. We are all creator and destroyer, we all also have a terminal illness; it's called birth. I am proud to be this complicated being commonly known as Woman, privately known as the tiny, infinite universe. This life is full of potential, pain and change. Choice is like mathematical equations; never ending numbers spiraling into the void, life is choice; choose wisely and often. Welcome to my world.
Fairy World

About Innocence:

Innocencence about my exploration of innocent discovery. My power center sent this to the canvas to awaken my inner child, to see the world with a new vision, a new perception. I stand proud of my body's beauty and power, and also I am balancing like a bubble, fragile and delicate, in a stony and uncaring world. Play/Fun is important for my arts evolution.

Where is your innocent?


***Fairy World Prints***Now Available in a print as well...All Bad! Kitty Fine Art Prints are all limited edition (in it's debut, there will only be 100 limited edition prints made of each of the 13 fairy worlds), professionally photographed images of my original mixed media/oil painting series. They are fine Art Prints. Printed on the highest quality photo papers and with archival inks. Prints come unframed and unmated, so those options are left up to you and your decor.
Each print comes with a certificate of authenticity and a short story about the creation process. They are also signed and numbered.
Shipping is done daily, usually early in the day, so most prints/originals are shipped within 24/48 hours of sales confirmation.


Art in the Mail***Gift Wrap and handmade one-of-a-kind gift card (with a personalized message) Add: $45.00

All items will ship within 24 to 48 hours of order received, except during national holidays.


If you would like to claim this wonderful work as your own, or make a no sales pressure, no obligation to buy, appointment to see it in person please contact me, here or thru my web site:
http://www.badkittyartstudio.com

Thanks, have a wonderful day...and take a Fairy Home, it is proven fact that every home with at least one fairy living in it, becomes magical too...what makes your place special? What makes a statement about you in your environment? What is your environment saying to/about you everyday? Is it saying "Go Be magical!"...be the best you you can be? Well...it should be if it's not.
Think about it, and get back to me on it.
Thanks, Heather

No comments: