Friday, February 23, 2007

New Fairy World WIP


BAD! Kitty Art Studio
Work on the new Fairy World continues...
***
So, this is the fairy that lives in the new Fairy World painting...I finished her yesterday, I put a background behind her just so you could see better. I did finish the flower pods, the stems and the touch up on the background yesterday too, and will be working on the ground collage elements today, (scroll down for a picture of the WIP...) as well as the final touches on the leaves. When the moon dries I'll be ready to finish the assembly, glaze and add the final details. I used Titanium white for the moon, and am now waiting what feels like forever for it to dry...I meant to use flake white because it dries so much faster, but grabbed the wrong one because my paint tubes have gotten so covered in paint from my hands, I couldn't tell which one was which until I had finished sculpting it...argh!
So, anyway I have the other new work 'Secret 2' (scroll down for a shot of the background for that work too) to work on today, and I am looking forward to a day in the studio with loud music...a must for me when I do assemblage work. I'm listening to the soundtrack from 'Even Cowgirls get the Blues'...I love that CD.
Hope everyone has a great Friday, and a happy, happy weekend.
Woot!
It's almost the weekend...and it's only 8 more hours to happy hour!
What could be better?
Heather
Support Living Artists
Buy some Art Today

2 comments:

G said...

Wow, your fairy is beautiful and actually looks quite nice against this background. I thought it was a collage at first glance. Your work is amazing.

Have a great weekend.

Heather said...

Thanks G...I appreciate you stopping by! Your kind words are much appreciated too...you have a great weekend too. :)