Tuesday, February 20, 2007

New Fairy World in progress


Fairy World in progress
***
The details are still to be done, but this is the blocked in colors. I have left where the fairy lives blank so that I can be reminded of where she goes...and that really too bright moon in this picture is painted in...it's sculpted white paint and it will have a glaze (warm yellow/orange) put over it to make it blend into the scene better when done. The flower pods still have tons of detail work left as well as the leaves, but the stems just have a little touch up to go. The ground at the bottom will be a mosaic of cool things at the end, so it's just a paint filled in area. I think I am at the half-way point here, with about 10 hours (or so, depending on the collage part of the work) left to go...What do ya think so far?
Heather
support living artists
buy some art today

3 comments:

Heather said...

Thank you for the encouragement and for stopping by Actonbell! I really appreciate it.
H

The Lone Beader® said...

I love the shape of the flowers! =:)

Heather said...

Thanks LB! They are my own special breed!