Friday, August 25, 2006

BAD! Kitty Art Studio ~ Fun Friday!


BAD! Kitty Art Studio
Quote for the Day:
"People are always blaming their circumstances for what they are. I don't believe in circumstances. The people who get on in this world are the people who look for the circumstances they want, and if they can't find them, make them. "
~George Bernard Shaw
Source: Mrs. Warren's Profession, 1893

***
Circumstance by Webster's definition:
cir·cum·stance Pronunciation: 'sr-km-"stan(t)s, -stn(t)s
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Latin circumstantia, from circumstant-, circumstans, present participle of circumstare to stand around, from circum- + stare to stand
1 a : a condition, fact, or event accompanying, conditioning, or determining another : an essential or inevitable concomitant b : a subordinate or accessory fact or detail c : a piece of evidence that indicates the probability or improbability of an event (as a crime)
2 a : the sum of essential and environmental factors (as of an event or situation) b : state of affairs : EVENTUALITY -- often used in plural

http://thefellclutchofcircumstance.blogspot.com/

Do yourself a favor and read at least the first couple of posts, this blog freaking A rocks! I mean ROCKS!

***

And last but not least a Friday Funny!

From the lips of Mrs. Clinton herself...from a graduation speech given recently:

Funny ha-ha
"I was never very good in science. . . .

When I was a very young girl,

I wanted to be an astronaut,

so I wrote off to this new agency called NASA

and asked how a 12-year-old girl could become an astronaut.

I got an answer back saying,

"We're not accepting women into the astronaut program."

I was somewhat comforted by my mother, who told me that my eyesight was much too bad anyway.


I next decided that I wanted to be a nuclear physicist. . . .

But for me, there were a few obstacles along the way,

you know, like the periodic table and things like that.

Then I decided that I wanted to be a doctor,

and I took all of the science courses in high school,

planning to be a doctor,

until I actually had the opportunity

to shadow some doctors in our local hospital

and passed out at the first sight of sickness.


So clearly, there wasn't anything

left for me than to become a lawyer."

—AT RPI

My source for the above information:

http://www.villagevoice.com/news/0524,lombardi,64922,6.html

***

May the world be yours today,

no matter what your life circumstances may be.

yours In truth, Heather

www.badkittyartstudio.com

www.hjempowerment.com

www.sybilanntellsall.com


No comments: