Saturday, August 12, 2006

BAD! Kitty Art Studio ~ Artist Blog~ Saturday's in a deep pocket


BAD! Kitty Art Studio
Quote for the day
***
"Your life is the sum result of all the choices you make, both consciously and unconsciously.
If you can control the process of choosing,
you can take control of all aspects of your life.
You can find the freedom that comes
from being in charge of yourself."
I can think of no
better prison
than absolute freedom.
I choose and then live
with that truth daily.
Consequences served on chipped china,
lemon on the side of my disposable plastic glass.
I live Free, here on Earth.
The invisible bars inside my head,
ones that I strain my neck and eyes
to see through,
searching for the faintest glimmer
in the velvet ribbon of nights darkness
for the stars that
rest there.
I can not snatch them down
from their cold places in the Universe,
just as I can not sprout wings
to fly away from the pain
of knowing I can never un-do
my past.
Wealth rests on my shoulders,
and fear rides shotgun in my front pocket.
Virtue pokes awareness into the truth
of the risks I take,
and makes the sky
feel that much closer to
the small
hand that will never stop
reaching
snatching
grabbing
tugging
for those shiny specks
that dance overhead in the
sky of doubt and uncertainty.
Reaching for the sky,
When her hand is out
she has stars in her eyes.
This human chooses
a freedom that costs
everything,
and serves nothing.
I will go
first,
into the dark,
leaving a trail you can follow if you
are brave enough
to see by just the light of the moon,
the scent of summer grasses treaded upon,
and my shiny pebbles
scattered like so many stars
upon the land.
~HuBMle 8/12/06
***
May the world be yours today.
Heather

No comments: