Thursday, June 15, 2006

BAD! Kitty Art Studio PDX Oregon~ recycled art, Original oil paintings,& motivational words


BAD! Kitty Art Studio
Quote for the day
***
A man practices the art of adventure when he heroically faces up to life;
When he has the daring to open doors to new experiences and to step boldly forth to explore strange horizons.
When he is unafraid of new ideas, new theories and new philosophies.
When he has the curiosity to experiment--to test and try new ways of living and thinking.
When he has the flexibility to adjust and adapt himself to the changing patterns of life.
When he refuses to seek safe places and easy tasks and has, instead, the courage to wrestle with the toughest problems.
When he has the moral stamina to be steadfast in the support of those men in whom he has faith and those causes in which he believes.
When he breaks the chain of routine and renews his life through reading new books, traveling to new places, making new friends, taking up new hobbies and adopting new viewpoints.
When he has the nerve to move out of life's shallows and venture forth into the deep.
When he keeps his heart young, his expectations high and never allows his dreams to die.
When he concludes that a rut is only another name for the grave
and that the only way to stay out of the ruts
is by living adventurously and staying vitally alive
every day of his life.

Wilfred A. Peterson
***
Good day to you, today is the last day of school for my boys, and the last day until fall for me to have quiet filled hours to work in my studio
lost in my deep dreams of
tone
texture
and raw emotional
release
and exploration.
Someone is going to need something every 15 minutes
and it won't be me.
So today I bless myself with finishing a project that has become a
huge work...My first, from start to finish Art book is being bound today.
I am binding the first of my very own
books.
I love books.
I own a huge collection on old and new
books that cover just about every topic
know to man, and I go to the library
once a week too.
I read 3-5 books at a time,
I like that...I leave them lying around in places I am often found at during my day....
and read a quick chapter or two...
and then make the world happen
like I do but pondering what I just read while I do it.
Books are my favorite
drug.
So I made one.
All by myself.
I will be making many more I feel.
So look for that soon...I also have two new works to take pictures of, and show you all...One is an A.I.M. project...That is pretty cool, it has beads, hangs from suction cups, and is see through...what's not to love about that? The other is a fold up,
pocket Buddhist Wheel of Life from a 1993 Issue of the Utne Reader...
that I have loved and had on a wall somewhere in every home I have lived in
for the last two decades...It was just a fold out little poster, so I cut it up, and then laminated it, and then reassembled it with hand made cut circles of steel...rings, little cirles... so it will fold up and fit in a pocket...And it's now very handy dandy
so I will show that to you later today too.
Have a great day,
buy some art.
Buy some of my Art, please.
Thanks,
Heather

No comments: