Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Daily Art- Wall Sculpture- Core

‘Core’
24″ X 30 X 2″
Thick Gallery wrapped canvas
Oils & Sculpted plaster
***
‘Core’ AKA: “A River Runs Through my Core”
This is the quote that guided the creation overall:
***
What I dream is an art of balance, of purity and serenity,
devoid of troubling and depressing subject matter…
a shooting, calming influence on the mind,
something like a good armchair which provides
relaxation from physical fatigue.
~ Henry Matisse
***
This is a rich work, the colors are deep and the tone is vibrant.
I used plaster and while it was still wet I laid in the deep leather red colors,
let it dry and then laid them in again.
The vibrant blues in the center
were inspired by my frequent walks on
the river banks and oceans of the Great Pacific NW.
I often went to the waters edge in those days,
and screamed until my throat felt raw, releasing fears and tensions that would build up inside.
I always started out with my terrific Tarzan yell, warm ups for the deep throat screams that I would later do till I cried.
I do a mean Tarzan, let me tell you, it can be heard for miles.
I learned through this exercise
that inside myself there was a river,
so deep and so wide that I may never reach the sides or see the bottom. Sometimes I can isolate myself,
stand on my little island in the middle of myself,
and feel really alone, but like in this work,
if I draw a circle around that island inside,
I can find peace and protection,
without living there;
living a new life, one that is not-all-alone.
I enjoyed working on this piece,
it was a freeing experience to let it go and stand outside myself.
Learning to instead welcome the person I am today,
embracing what I know, and the lessons yet to be learned.
Finding my ‘core” person and loving her…warts and all. It’s not an easy practice, learning to give myself the same level of acceptance that I willing give to other people. Learning that I deserve to treat myself as kindly as I do those that I love. Accepting that my way of loving, those who mean the most to me, my way of loving isn’t easy. My way of loving is sometimes hard, exacting, demanding; a swift moving stream, currents deep and unimaginably strong…it’s undeniable. My love can tell you no, and speak the hard words of truth that are needed at times. My love can hold you, comfort you, embrace you as you are, my love is dependable and eternal. If I would go to any extreme for those that I love in this world, then why did it take so long to learn how to learn to love my real self?
Because she had to be rescued from the waters of this reality, drug to the shore of hesitancies, and pummeled back into life and given permission to sit on the beach forever, or get back in the water…and have enough faith to know that she can now swim.
I own my past.
I own my present.
I own what the future holds.
I own only myself.
I own nothing.
I own everything.
I am the river,
the waters of life itself
run trough my veins, my core.
Now, the beauty is…I know how to swim.
***
This is a large work, on a extra thick canvas
with painted finished sides, it needs no framing.
The colors are so terrific, (if I do say so myself *grins*)
that the last time I was at a show with it,
the owner of the gallery was in process of opening
a small art deli and coffee shop,
and she asked to use this work for
the color inspiration and design for the new space.
I of course said sure, and we worked together to
re-create the pattern in the room including the walls, floor, and ceiling.
I looked great and felt wonderful to know that I had inspired,
with my work something so cool and embracing for people to re-charge and feed themselves.
Plaster painting is something I am passionate about,
I love to create wall sculptures and
combine the results with my painting skills.
This is not just a painting, it is also wall sculpture.
I hope you enjoy.
Have a wonderful day,
Heather
***
PS> I have not been doing art auctions for the past couple of weeks, because funds were so tight. I started a new batch of art auctions yesterday! No reserves and low opening bids…Come on, Check them out!
***
The fine print:
‘Core’
24″ x 30″ X 2″ (it’s big, big)
Plaster and oils on canvas
(it’s really not as heavy as it looks)
Finished sides, ready to hang
$255.00 + 45.00 shipping to anywhere inside the USA
Please contact me HERE for purchase or a free shipping quote to anywhere in the world.
***
Support living artists
buy some art today

No comments: