Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Daily Art- New Work- Feed Me

“Feed Me” by Heather Brown Truman

“Feed Me”

Full painting

“Feed Me” by Heather Brown Truman

Close up detail

“Feed Me” by Heather Brown Truman

Detail

“Feed Me” by Heather Brown Truman

Full painting

“Feed Me”

24″ x 36″

oils

finished sides, this one is a side stapled canvas, but it’s been painted out so that you can not see them at all.

Ready to hang

Here is the poem that inspired the work:

***

The Peace of Wild Things

When despair for the world grows in me
and I wake in the night at the least sound
in fear of what my life and my children’s lives may be,
I go and lie down where the wood drake
rests in his beauty on the water,

and the great heron feeds.
I come into the peace of wild things
who do not tax their lives with forethought
of grief.

I come into the presence of still water.
And I feel above me the day-blind stars
waiting with their light.

For a time
I rest in the grace of the world,

and am free.

Wendell Berry (1934 -)
***
I have been working on this one for the last couple of days. My hands have really been giving me fits with this cold wet weather (which the worst for arthritis sufferers) but I felt the urge to return to the studio anyway. So, I stuck the fattest handled brush I have into my claw like hand and painted.
I’m really happy with the way this turned out. The texture looks like mosaic papers, and the colors flutter in the light…like the fuzzy little chicks are fluffing themselves out. I like the movement.
It is representative of how I am feeling right now too, of course. I am literally asking for the Universe to Feed Me any opportunity that it sees fit to throw down in front of me. I’m not asking for a hand out in this world…but I’ll gladly take a hand up kinda opportunity if it came my way.
I am willing and able to learn and capable of active listening. Try me.
With spring upon us and the birds outside my window singing more than ever…I thought these birds could represent my willingness to sing for my supper, and take with gratitude what may come my way.
I am willing to work.
Nothing that happens in this life must ever be able to derail my growth. I have worked too hard and been through too many tar-pits to let something as base as money stand in the way of what I am building here. This art, these works…they are my living legacy, my story, proof that I was here and I contributed to this thing called life and humanity.
I am a machine, programmed for love and living.
May these baby birds sing the song of hope I carry forward into eternity and I hope inspire that faith and hope in those who witness them.
***
May your day be blessed with all that you need.
Thanks for being here today.
Heather
the fine print:
“Feed Me”
24″ x 36″
finished sides, ready to hang
oils
$199.00 + shipping
Please Contact me HERE for purchase or for a free shipping quote to anywhere in the world.
Support Living Artists
Buy Some Art Today
****NEW ART AUCTIONS****
PS> I have not been doing art auctions for the past couple of weeks, because funds were so tight. I started a new batch of art auctions yesterday! No reserves and low opening bids…Come on, Check them out!

1 comment:

Vikki North said...

This is really amazing, Heather. And you’re right. When I first saw it I thought it was a mosaic. Have you ever applied this technique to glass? You’re really an amazing textural artist and get a stunning 3dimensional feel with these pieces. I’m going to send you something via email. Check it out.

Vikki