Friday, February 08, 2008

Let's play a game, BAD! Kitty style.

Hello All.


I have had a thought that I think will be great fun.


I'm starting today a new Friday Game Show!


It's called BAD Art Friday.


I got the idea from Andrea...and her Ape or Human painting game.


***


OK, here's the rules:


1. I am going to go through the studio and take pictures of all of my


Worst, most BAD art that


I, myself have done.


2. Then I will post them and ask you all out there in cyber land to tell me what you think needs to be done with the work.


Examples:


a) Scrap it, burn it! My eyes, My eyes!


b) Change the background, add this or that.


c) You are brilliant, I wouldn't change a thing, I want it and I'll pay the shipping, don't burn it!






3. You all will then post comments to what if anything you think of my really BAD! artworks. Lay it on me!






4. I will take the suggestions and re-work the art (or burn it which ever, in case of burning said BAD art, I figure every body wins)






5. If your suggestion is the one I take,


then you get the new Re-worked painting for free, ( in the case of my being brillant and not knowing it, you will still get the painting, you just are going to have to win me over with your words!) or you can choose to auction it off to the highest bidder (I'll do that for you) and you can tell me what charity you want the money given to. When the art sells, I will donate 100% of the money (minus shipping) to the charity of your choice in your name (or not if you want).




That's it.


You do not have to know anything about art to play. In fact, only the most creative, funny, critically helpful and/or thoughtful comments will be the ones I pay attention too.
(Don't be a green meanie, or I will delete your comments; be funny, or tell it like it is, tell me you hate it (or whatever), but don't personaly attack me, this is for fun)


The whole point of the game is to have some fun, I mean we are talking about BAD art anyway...right?


Tell me what you really think, and really let go of "thinking about art" and have some fun with it.


If it needs flying pigs, UFO's or rainbow fairies...let me know!


So, are you ready to play?


Here is my first Super BAD art for you to play with:




Two Faced Tree
18" x 24"
HMBT 2006
oils
click to enlarge, be careful now, don't hurt yourself!
*Giant Grins*
Let's play!
Heather
PS. my blogger spell check isn't working (ARGH!) so, please forgive any typos or misspellings you may find.

4 comments:

Kris Cahill said...

Hi Heather,
I think this one can be salvaged. I don't know if it's the photo, but the colors seem off to me. I'd punch up the red, and adjust the blue. Then see what the green says after that. The green tree gremlin could get less cartoony and more ethereal, perhaps? It looks like if you decided to change this one, you could show it again if you wanted to see what everyone thinks then.

Heather said...

OH Kris...I am totally going to re-show it when it's been made over! I have a few of these, non-gems here and I have not just painted over them yet, so I thought why not learn from them and have some fun too?! Thanks for your comments, very insightful.

Franco said...

Hi Kitty..great pieces of art work. Very very talented. Love your blog and your work. Will be back. Thanks for sharing your work with me.

Regards,

Franco

http://francoyong.com

Anonymous said...

Yeah, something about the colors makes me cringe. If it was ME working on it, I would leave it as is in the background and put something else on top of it smack in the middle, something that really jumps out at you. What that would be, I'm not sure, but something that overwhelms the background.