Tuesday, February 12, 2008

The daily Art- New Work- 'Vision Tree' & A Happy Birthday

Picture taken outside no flash

Close up outside no flash

'Vision Tree' from the Perception series #4
18" x 24" oils
Today's pictures are taken inside with a flash (hence the angles) because we are having an ice storm here and I don't think the light is going to improve.
Full Painting on the drying wall in the studio

Close Up

'Vision Tree' from the perception series #4
18" x 24"
Oils
Finished sides/ready to hang
(needs some more dry time before shipping)
***

Here are the quotes that I was working with:

***

"I want to stand as close to the edge as I can without going over.
Out on the edge you see all kinds of things you can't see from the center."
Kurt Vonnegut (1922 - )

&

"I am not afraid, I was born for this."

~Joan of Ark

***



This work started out like all the others in this series so far.
Texture, bold colors and playing with tone, light and harmony.

When I finished, I said...it needs a tree.

So, I set out to paint a straight, not curly BAD! Kitty tree.

You can see how well that went.

I paint curly tree's.

I guess that's the way it is.

I really like looking at this work across the room,

because it looks like it's moving a bit in the light.
Doing a Vision Tree Jigg.
In and out of the background.

Ahhh, Yes, that's it...let's take another risk shall we?


I've got a new choir series work on the easel today, it should be ready to share tomorrow. It's totally a risk painting, yippppe!

:)

I hope you all have a great day,

and thanks for being here.

Heather

the fine print:

'Vision Tree' from the Perception series #4

18" x 24"
oils
$125.00 + shipping

Please contact me HERE for purchase or a free shipping quote.
***


Support living artists
Buy some Art today

***

This is the personal side of this post for today, read on!

***
Today is my Mate Man's Birthday.


This week of the year every year is the most fun for us as a couple. We celebrate our Anniversery of our first date, Mate Man's Birthday and V-Day all within 5 days. Today kicks off the love fest, I know that I have the perfect for me Mate, partner, friend, security officer, father and all around super nice guy with a heart of gold, that can kill you with a straw, if he needs too. I love that about him.

So, I made him a cheesecake from scratch. It takes two days to make my cheesecake. It will make you fall down and wiggle with pleasure when you eat it too; so it's worth it. We also have the tradition of the birthday person picking out their birthday feast. I will be cooking all day, for my man. For a "don't call me your wife," kind of person...this is a true pleasure to do. I love to cook and do nice things for him, it makes me feel more "like a woman" than any other thing I do.

He loves being my Man too.

He opens doors (car doors too), he pulls out chairs,
he always lets me out of nasty jobs,

he has never once said a mean thing to me,

yes even when angry,
and he loves his family with a passion.
Like I said, he's the greatest and I know it,
and I am grateful he picked me to share his life with.

Life Partners. Spiritual Partners.
There is no time in our lives,

every day is the time of our lives.

I love you Mate Man, Happy Birthday.

Here's a poem for you.
And as we like to say around here:
"I'll make anything you want in there {kitchen},
and do anything you want in there! {guess for yourself, silly}"
~Friends the TV show

The Dance
I have sent you my invitation,

the note inscribed on the palm of my hand by the fire of living.
Don't jump up and shout, "Yes, this is what I want! Let's do it!"
Just stand up quietly and dance with me.

Show me how you follow your deepest desires, spiraling down into the ache within the ache, and I will show you how I reach inward and open outward to feel the kiss of the Mystery, sweet lips on my own, every day.

Don't tell me you want to hold the whole world in your heart.

Show me how you turn away from making another wrong without abandoning yourself when you are hurt and afraid of being unloved.

Tell me a story of who you are, and see who I am in the stories I am living.

And together we will remember that each of us always has a choice.

Don't tell me how wonderful things will be...someday.

Show me you can risk being completely at peace, truly okay with the way things are right now in this moment, and again in the next and the next and the next...
I have heard enough warrior stories of heroic daring.

Tell me how you crumble when you hit the wall, the place you cannot go beyond by the strength of your own will.

What carries you to the other side of that wall, to the fragile beauty of your own humanness?
after we have shown each other how we have set and kept the learn, healthy boundaries that help us live side by side with each other, let us risk remembering that we never stop silently loving those we once loved out loud.

Take me to the places on the earth that teach you how to dance, the places where you can risk letting the world break your heart, and I will take you to the places where the earth beneath my feet and the stars overhead make my heart whole again and again.

Show me how you take care of business without letting business determine who you are.
When the children are fed but still the voices within and around us shout that soul's desires have too high a price, let us remind each other that it is never about the money.


Show me how you offer to your people and the world the stories and the songs you want our children's children to remember, and I will show you how I struggle, not to change the world, but to love it.

Sit beside me in long moments of shared solitude, knowing both our absolute aloneness and our undeniable belonging.

Dance with me in the silence and in the sound of small daily words, holding neither against me at the end of the day.

And when the sound of all the declarations of our sincerest intentions have died away on the wind, dance with me in the infinite pause before the next great inhale of the breath that is breathing us all into being, not filling the emptiness from the outside or from within.
Don't say, "Yes!"

Just take my hand and dance with me.
~Oriah Mountain Dreamer, The Dance
***
Happy Birthday my amazing Mate Man.

There will never be enough time in this life with you.

That's why I am glad that for us,

It's from this life to the next.
Always loving you,
Heather
***

5 comments:

PennyBlue said...

First off- Happy Birthday Mate Man! he sounds wonderful. Your cheesecake sounds impressive- maybe we will see a pic? And at first I thought I saw New YORK Vision Tree, which naturally made my heart jump (being a native New Yorker)but all the same I love it. The curly tree (much better than a straight one- more motion) relly makes it all pop! Happy cooking- and feasting!

Cynthia said...

I love this painting, Heather - it's definitely my palette.

Happy Birthday to your man and Happy Anniversary to you both!

Artists With Artitude said...

Hi Heather! I came by from Chris' blog. He was right: you have a great talent! Bravo for being featured. I am looking forward to many more of your art :)

Heather said...

Hey Darcy! Mate man says thanks! I did take a few pictures of my out of this world cheesecake, I'll post later. Thanks for the feedback on the new painting, I always appreciate you being here.

Cynthia! Hey grrrl! How's it going clay woman? I'm glad you liked the new work, I wasn't sure about it but it's growing on me. :)

Neda, a thousand Welcomes! Thank youf or your kind words about my work, I appreciate you coming by and taking the time. I hope to see you around here again soon. :)

Anonymous said...

"I am not afraid... I was born to do this" Thought you might like to know the full quote by Joan of Arc. She actually said: "I do not fear the soldiers, for my road is made open to me; and if the soldiers come, I have God, my Lord, who will know how to clear the route that leads to messire the Dauphin. It was for this that I was born!"
To learn more about Joan of Arc try Joan of Arc - MaidofHeaven.com