Tuesday, July 18, 2006

BAD! Kitty Chews on a dilemma of life/personal homework~ Artist blog


BAD! Kitty Art Studio
Quote for the day and my thinking
about thinking...Again.
My personal homework sheet for problem solving, I hand out to my clients, given to myself, so that I may find the FLOW in my actions, and choices, and circumstances, within today's reality.
Here is my working on it quote for the day:
"There is no liberty except the liberty of some one making his way towards something. Such a man can be set free if you will teach him the meaning of thirst, and how to trace a path to a well. Only then will he embark upon a course of action that will not be without significance. You could not liberate a stone if there were no law of gravity - for where will the stone go, once it is quarried? " ~Antoine de Saint-Exupery
***
The stone
once quarried
where will it go?
Thinking about my thinking, making
sure I have embarked
and understand the laws that may bind
me along the way,
that of the natural world,
and those of the human world.
It's a struggle to live in truth
because you have to always be ready to be
accountable for such risky
moves in your life. Telling the
truth is not what society is really about, it is
only the
subterfuge of the majority
and I understand that fact, I just have to know the laws.
Thinking about my thinking and how to make lemonade aid out of grapefruit...So I gave myself some of my own damn home work to do..."Physician heal thyself! My answers are deeper within myself, so I have to dig a little more."
So this is one of the ways I am using my current today circumstances to continue to remain
enthusiastic about my life's makeover...Because after all as Churchhill said it best..."Success is being able to go from failure to failure without losing your enthusiasm."
So! To abundance, today I raise my half full glass...
always half full....And learn what I need to learn.
Text below Provided by Richard Middleton.
(In the beginning of our learning to become professional coaches this is a man we studied, and still are...We later adapted/amended a version of this type of questioning for H & J Empowerment's use in different ways, But this version is straight from the master himself, as course work...Here we go:
Ultimately we'll only take a risk when we
realize that the cost of not acting is
greater than the cost of acting.
Unfortunately we often have these
realizations a little too late.
What are those things you're putting off?
Take a second to write a few of them down.
Now you have a short list of things you're
not learning but could probably benefit
from learning and
another list of things you're
not doing but would likely
profit from if you got around to doing them.
What I recommend is that you
subject each item on your list
to the following questions:
1. Is this something that would truly benefit me if I learned it or put it into action?
2. What are some of the possible benefits I might gain if I learned or did this thing?
3. What could I potentially lose if I didn't learn this thing or do this thing?
4. What's the worst that could happen if I took a risk and learned this thing or did this thing?
***
When you ask these four questions of every item on your list, you'll have reframed your risk.
What used to look risky might not look so risky anymore.
In fact, it might actually start looking like
a great idea to learn or do this thing.
***
Thanks, doc I needed that...Right to hard stuff, for this old gal...
time to hit the books..."How's that working for you?" ~Dr. Phil
:)
***
Heather

No comments: