Friday, June 27, 2008

Daily Art- Woman Work- New Work

‘Woman Work’
18″ x 24″
oils and mixed media
Finished sides needs no frame
There is a link at the bottom of this post to see more detail pictures.
***
Here is the quote for this work:
“Don’t shut yourself up in a band box because you are a woman, but understand what is going on, and educate yourself to take part in theworld’s work, for it all affects you and yours.”~Louisa May Alcott (1832 - 1888)
***
Woman Work is a little doodle I have been playing with for a few weeks. I’dstop by every once in a while, between loads of laundry, working my day job,tending to life, creating in the studio and comfort giving; give it a little tweakhere, and a little sparkle there. It’s either the worst mixed media work I haveever done or it’s just busy like my life and maybe I’m not always socomfortable with that fact.Probably the later of the two.It’s got a little of everything I had on or near the work table at the time on it.Flat backed glass marbles of clear, light blue, dark blue and ruddy ruby red.There are mirrors both round and square. There is super fine glitter, *Gasp!Glitter in fine art, yes it’s true and there is a Santa Clause* I used a bluecrystal glitter in the blue areas and in the red a fine red gold. I have got abucket of paint pens on the table so they got used willy-nilly.The images are all forms of the ancient expressions for goddess or woman*creator/giver of life*. I made template a while back to carve some stampswith and never got around to carving the stamps…so the template gotthrown around too. Work/Life is messy sometimes, and bright and hopefulother times; and sometimes those moments are right next to each other.Today, I decided I could not fit or add another thing to it, so I know it’s done.That simple.That complex.That’s Woman Work for ya.
I hope you enjoyed and have a great day.

To Purchase/see more pictures Click Here.

Happy Friday everyone!
Happy Hour is only 12.5 hours away and counting!
(I get up at 5am, so it's a long day waiting for happy hour!)
Grins and Giggles,
Heather

3 comments:

Vikki North said...

Hi Heather,
I love this work. In itself and just stepping back it’s a beautiful contemporary design and your colors are really rich. I think we need ‘touch internet’. I have to ask, is the work heavy? And do you do this on canvas or board?
Vikki

Heather said...

Hey Vikki,
It's done on a standard canvas, and no it's not heavy at all. I'm glad it looks like it is though, because it is a "heavy" subject. LOL

Unknown said...

I love it! The fact that it has gorgeous, rich colors AND the Bird Goddess outline just is high fat cream cheese icing on a very rich cake.
I like your description of the process using whatever is at hand, too.
Love,
D