Thursday, March 22, 2007

Cha-Cha-Changes and marketing day


BAD! Kitty Art Studio
Quote(s) for the day...
***
"It's not what's happening to you now or what has happened in your past that determines who you become. Rather, it's your decisions about what to focus on, what things mean to you, and what you're going to do about them that will determine your ultimate destiny."
~Tony Robbins
***
Changes in mental attitude about what is happening in my current life situation. That's what I spent yesterday doing. The showing in April with it's changes are disappointing, but like I said not the end of the world. I am going to go ahead and do the show, and work hard to make it a success. You never know what might happen when you put yourself out there...so I continue forward...completely unafraid and unattached to the results. Results do not define me...action and dedication...that's what define me these days. The end result is not the most important thing in determining success, it's the willingness to act...repeatedly, with conviction (and the hide of a rhino) and to greet each obstacle as an opportunity in disguise. Other peoples opinions of me and my work do not change my internal opinion of myself or what I do...so...
Carry On!
I did get work done on my new project...it's an art doll! I have not made one in many, many moons and I thought it was high time to bring out the fabric, and such...I needed something I can hold in my hands...I'll post pictures of it later on...it's a little wacky but that's the BAD! kitty way...dontcha know?
Today is marketing day...I spend Thursday's looking over my goals, my direction, my directives. I spend 2 days a week shaking the money tree...essentially.
I am going downtown to cruz some of the galleries and drop off my card if I think I might fit in with what they do...and share my online portfolio. I will also hit some of the non-gallery hot spots for art and see what's happening there...looking for that next showing and way to reach the locals, I have the next three months of showings lined up...I just need to fill in the rest of the year as well.
I am also going to be looking into a few of the online opportunities that I have been offered to participate in...the ones that invited my work, without having to make a payment to get in. Viewing fees be damned, I stopped paying to get rejected a couple years back.
Let's see...I'm going to print out some of my self designed biz cards, and put a smaller work into the car to take with me...I just have to choose which one...just in case anyone wants to see my work in real life...as well as taking my photo portfolio...just in case. Uuuummm...and then I will spend some time on the phone, and online writing emails to far away galleries asking for a review for shows...again shaking the money tree. I have had great success in doing this...I am becoming a master of the cold call (on the phone and by email)...in the most professional of ways of course. I also have a mini mountain of rejections from this exercise. I see the mountain as something nice and tall to stand on to reach the higher branches of my future success. It's all about perspective.
So, I better get myself into the chamber of beauty (bathroom) and fix up the face and hair to go and greet the world...
Watch out Universe...
Here I come.
Have a great day,
and wish this Kitty luck!
Heather
Buy Some Art Today
Support Living Artists

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great post, Heather. That's part of my daily work, too, to remind myself I can choose my path. But the outcome is not entirely up to me. But then, that's not the important part - the outcome or how it's viewed by others. What's important is what's inside of me.

PennyBlue said...

Geez Loise, I'm exhausted already just reading about your day! Of course I'm still stuck with this nasty cold, and tho I have my to do list, I don't think I'mm make much of a dent! As far as the show...I hate to sound cliche but sometimes things DO happen for a reason and it could turn out to be good kismit. Okay watch out Universe...here she comes!! lol

Cynthia said...

I love how you have a plan! Look for the positive and ask the universe exactly what you wish for.

I also got a good chuckle out of Ms. Truman's phone call story.

Anonymous said...

Hope you had a good productive day! Btw, I loved that last post about the website address mix-up. That is just classic! :)